1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating DVD's from Various File Types

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Skiddins, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Skiddins

Skiddins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.
    I have been searching the forum and have picked up some information, but I need further help.

At the moment I have a slightly out of date PC which has Win 98SE and a P3 1GHz
    It has a DVD writer which will write any type of CD or DVD.

I have a lot of files of disk from my digital camera (video and stills) and a Sony Digital8 camera with stuff on it as well.

Can any of you recommend some software for editing and authoring various file types (mpg, avi, wmv etc.) as well as turning them into something that is usable in an average home DVD player.
    I know a lot about computers but I know nothing about creating usable DVD's

We have had trouble capturing in the past even through my firewire connection.

Also, some of the videos we have taken are shot in widescreen, a function of the camera, which always looks squashed in windows media player, is there a way of sorting this out on the PC?

Forgot to mention, I have some freebie software from various manufacturers;

Intervideo WinCoder, WinProducer
    MGI videoWave III
    Ulead VideoStudio etc.

But these all tend to be basic versions and a knightmare to use, I'm not even sure that thay are DVD compatible.

Thanks
    For any help
    Skiddins

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ulead VideoStudio which is a very easy to use beginners basic programme will certainly do that for you - You can get a free one months trial from www.ulead.co.uk so you can try it before you buy.

3. Skiddins

Skiddins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now tried Ulead DVD Moviefactory and PowerProducer Gold and both seem to do some of what I want.
    Will VideoStudio allow me to make titles etc. I have VideoStudio4 SE already (I can't remember what it came with)

I am downloading VS 8 as I write this.

Skiddins

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Ulead VideoStudio will create basic titles but it is primarily a video editing programme with some limited ability to create DVD's etc. Ulead DVD Moviefactory is a much better choice if you primarily want to create DVD's