1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating dvd via ulead MF3-problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ketank, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ketank

ketank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys another day, another footage another dvd.....

i got 1hr 23min of footage which i saved on to my PC as a avi file (17.5G) i used ulead to add file and the blue bar at the bottom of the screen which represents space, was full!
    it says "5.61 (5.22) GB/ 1hr 23min 23sec" question 1- what does this mean?

I then saved the same footage as a 2.1mbps pal file(wmv) vai windows movie maker now sized as 1.17GB
    I then add it to ulead and still get:"5.61 (5.22) GB/ 1hr 23min 23sec"

Question 2, as i made the file much smaller why cant i still fit it on to a dvd?

Please can anyone help...... i have been here before but i gave up then... but i'm back. :lease:

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    5.61 is the size of your file in DVD disc makers terms (they use different Gbs than the rest of computer makers/users) this will give you a computer file size of 5.22 Gb so that is what the first line is telling you.

If you produced a .wmv file and then took it back into your DVD authoring programme and told it to produce a DVD it will convert your file back into a standard mpeg-2 file for burning to a 'standard' spec DVD so that it will play on your stand alone DVD player - so your back to the same size file. If you just burn a .wmv file to a DVD it will not play on most standalone DVD players.

You should be able to burn your 1 hour 23 mins video to a 4.7 (4.37) DVD by simply changing the bitrate - if you drop it to around 60000kbps it should fit no problem. I don't know where that setting is in MF3 but your manual should tell you - if not maybe someone who does will be along shortly.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    To change the length of video able to be written to a DVD in MF£:

Open MF3
    Click on the cogg at the bottom left of the screen (settings)
    On the new window click on 'Change MPEG settings'
    Select either 'Good quality (Approx 90 minutes per DVD)' or 'Customize' and set to 'Variable'

HTH,
    Mark.

ps, on a PC 1Gb = 1024Mb - on a DVD 1gb = 1000Mb, that is why the difference in size is displayed. Notice the difference of 1Gb or 1gb!!!