1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating chapters

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sweat100, Dec 7, 2004.

1. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now i am doing some backups of concerts LDs which i have on to dvd-r. As you see the songs ranges from 3min to 6min thereabouts. Is it possible for me to create chapters, such that chapter 1 will be 1st song, chapter 2 will be 2nd song, jus like the LD itself? The 5min auto chaptering of the Panny is not a great idea in this scenario. Can i erase the 5min auto chapters? Will marker function help (what i read in the menu, it will erase when the disc is ejected out)?

Using the E100 here. :)

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    On Pioneers user-placed chapter marks only copy from HDD to DVD-R in High Speed mode.
    I'm not sure if you can copy from HDD to DVD in real time (usually necessary if resampling) with auto chapter marks turned off, then place customised chapter marks on the (unfinalised) DVD, then finalise it. Your Panny may do that

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I have the Pan E100 and I don't think it can be done.

I do mine on the PC.

This, lack of chapter menu and no ws flag are the main on DVD-Rs are the main (VERY ANNOYING) disadvantages of the E100.
    All of which i'll look out for if and when I upgrade.

4. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    ... and in the Panasonic E85.