Quantcast

Creating CD Audio

MartinImber

I want to copy some tracks off a pretend CD at full CD quality and then burn a CD Audio with them.

How do I copy the audio tracks off the CD to create the new one.

I don't care about rights because if the company involved were bothered it would be a CD Audio.:mad:

Ok the disc says Compact Disc digital audio but also says video enhanced - and doesn't work in my DVP-S715

I have a Minidisc of this not CD, but would like a CD as well.:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

S

Sgt.Colon

Martin.

If you rip to MP3 at about 258K you should be at about CD quality. Then just burn back to CD using something like Nero. Simple :)

timothyw

Novice Member
Er if you rip to 44.1khz 16bit Wav then you actually will be cd quality.. then burn that. Why add a lossy step?
In terms of ripping, exact audio copy is the best one available. Go to
www.exactaudiocopy.de
Its free as well, but might be a bit daunting at first I'm afraid.

MartinImber

If I want lossy I'll use MD.

I want to create an exact copy - the non CD DA bits - ie create a red book CD

Then I'll contact Philips about BMGs false labelling

S

Sgt.Colon

If you want to do an exact copy, try something like CloneCD works very well indeed. :)

S

Squirrel God

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what the CD in question is, Martin :D In what way is BMG's labelling incorrect?

I've not used Exact Audio Copy but have heard many good things about it. Certainly, you don't want to be ripping to MP3. I use CDex and CD DAE myself since both my drives support accurate audio stream extraction.

URLs:

CDex - http://www.cdex.n3.net/
CD DAE - http://users.glo.be/~erikd/cddae.htm

As recommended by Sgt Colon, Clone CD will let you copy a CD and you can turn on/off various things including subchannel data. This should mean that you're able to create an exact copy of your CD minus anything you're trying to avoid in the subchannel data.

CloneCD - http://www.elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/index.html

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by Sgt.Colon
Squirrel.

Are you the main DNS for the WWW ? ;)
No, but I'm less lazy than you for posting links 'cause they're all in my IE Favorites ;) :p

C

CaRlosTHeJaCKal

I can vouch for CDex, an absolute breeze to use.....and uses the critically acclaimed LAME encoder.....

G

Gambit

Originally posted by Ian J
I nominate you for the daftest name on the forum.
No, there's this guy called Ian J who wins hands down. I mean, Ian J . Really, what was he thinking when he registered?

C

CaRlosTHeJaCKal

Originally posted by Ian J
I nominate you for the daftest name on the forum.
I'm intrigued to know why? I've got this handle on a load of other forums apart from this one, and I've not offended anyone else with it yet, so I'd love to know why it upsets you:confused:

HeadBanger

I'm interested in backing-up some of my CDs. Can someone here explain (in simple terms) why some copying programmes are better than others?

How can one copier take an 'exact' or better copy and another not (assuming the same cd drive/burner is used)?

I'm not saying I disagree that there are better copying programmes, I simply wish to gain a basic understanding.

MartinImber

It is miss labeled

Compact Disc Digital Audio is red book, my DVD player handles Red book - red book means no videos or other cack.

This stuff stops my DVD player reading the disc.

Jeff

Originally posted by MATTS
I'm interested in backing-up some of my CDs. Can someone here explain (in simple terms) why some copying programmes are better than others?

How can one copier take an 'exact' or better copy and another not (assuming the same cd drive/burner is used)?

I'm not saying I disagree that there are better copying programmes, I simply wish to gain a basic understanding.

Because there are many ways to copy a CD, EAC has options to make damn sure that it does the best possible job. Most other programs don't try too hard and go for copying speed over quality.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Easiest way as follows...

use WinOnCD burning software. Put the original CD in your Cd-Rom, put a blank in your burner. In WinOnCd choose CD-DA project, then just copy the tracks you want from the original CD, to your project window.

If the source files are wav or MP3, the software will convert them to CD-Da for you.

S

Squirrel God

Does WinOnCD still exist? I thought it got bought out by Roxio and subsumed into EasyCD Creator.

mjn

Distinguished Member
yep, it was bought by Roxio, but it can still be found. Easy CD Creator 5 is a bit buggy if you ask me.

S

Squirrel God

Thought it was :)

Don't know what you think of Nero, but EasyCD Creator is my burning software of choice out of all of them. It burns faster than Nero and I haven't had a single coaster yet. 5.0 may have been buggy (it certainly was with XP due to the Take Two software if nothing else!) but with the latest updates, it works like a dream (at least for me). I have Nero installed as well for VCDs, but use EasyCD for everything else :)

The biggest problem with Nero is InCD. I've tried all recent versions of it and it's sooooo buggy it's untrue! Has reset my PC many a time! I think it's because my CD-RW uses the Mount Rainer format and Nero haven't quite perfected their implementation of this yet. Nero's implementation is so slow as well and frequently holds up the burning process and locks the drive out for a ridiculous amount of time (as you know, Mount Rainer burns CD-RW in the background and is supposed to actually free up time this way so you don't have to wait for a burn to complete before doing something else!). On the contrary, EasyCD's DirectCD works perfectly for Mount Rainier CD-RW, no bugs and very fast.

Naturally, to have both Nero and EasyCD installed, I had to not install InCD anyway :D

mjn

Distinguished Member
depends what i'm copying....if i need a direct bit for bit copy, then CDRWIN is my choice. If its making CD-DA then WinOnCD is my choice.

Both are rock steady, which is what you need for burning CD's.

Wasn't a fan of Nero, but the last time i used it was back in 1997!! When it was very erm.....crap, and very limited in what it could do.

S

Squirrel God

I like CloneCD for bit-for-bit copying :)

They're releasing CloneDVD soon. They say it's not to be used for piracy. Yeah right!

Nero is jam packed with features now. More so than any other product. Shame about the bugs and it's relative slowness.

mjn

Distinguished Member
u might want to try blindread and write, which also very good for bit-for-bit copies.

MartinImber

WinOnCd - any recommended places?

Also I have only a DVD-RW drive - no CD Drive

mjn

Distinguished Member

Trending threads

Latest News

Monitor Audio launches IMS-4 music streamer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Absolute Sounds prepares upcoming Hi-Fi launches
  • By Andy Bassett