1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating A-Z search facililty on Sony NW HD1 and 3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by davisneil, May 15, 2005.

1. davisneil

davisneil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi everyone..I'm new on here and new to Sony HD jukeboxes.
    I just bought a HD1 and love the size/sound,etc but what bugs me is trying to find certain songs..it takes an age and i also bought the MC40 remote which is great but there is a bit of lag when you scroll through the songs.
    Then I heard that on the HD5 there is a AZ search facility. I have an idea of how you may improvise this. Ive only tried it using itunes to rip mp3s then importing.

First, ensure that itunes is open as well as Sonicstage.

On sonicstage, when you import a group of mp3s from itunes, and transfer to the player it creates a group folder called 'imported tunes' which can be renamed. if you then do another batch of mp3s it creates another group of the same name. Heres my idea..before importing any files, get itunes to sort the song titles alphabetically by clicking the song title bar at the top. Then, highlight all those songs beginning with 'a' and drag and drop this batch onto sonic stage 'my library'. This will automatically import those songs to the 'my library'. Then, do your transfer to the player. After a while they will be in Atrac3 and under agroup called 'imported songs'.

Simply change the name of this group to Song Search-A,or maybe A-C or Aerosmith-Clannad...

Repeat for the other songs.

It might work with other jukebox programs but itunes seems to log mp3s nicely and neatly on the HD also.