• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creating a QFHD file from 4 x 1080p files

Warmers

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I have some 4k video content that is split into 1 mp4 and 3 mp4sub 1080p video files that a Samsung 4k TV will stitched together to create one QFHD/4k file. This works fine, however....

I would like to merge these 4 files into one QFHD file for playback on another computer I have that is connected to a Sony 4k screen.

I have seen several threads relating to cutting up a QFHD file into 4 1080p files but not one about stitiching several 1080p files together.

Any ideas guys?
Cheers

rwarringa

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I have some 4k video content that is split into 1 mp4 and 3 mp4sub 1080p video files that a Samsung 4k TV will stitched together to create one QFHD/4k file. This works fine, however....

I would like to merge these 4 files into one QFHD file for playback on another computer I have that is connected to a Sony 4k screen.

I have seen several threads relating to cutting up a QFHD file into 4 1080p files but not one about stitiching several 1080p files together.

Any ideas guys?
Cheers

Hi

I just tried with Nero14 Platinum - Nero Video.

Create a new 4k movie, from the "Advanced movie" bullit point, in the size you need (4x HD will end up in 3840 x 2160), set framerate and audio.

In advanced mode, add the 4 files (import button top right, you also need to rename the mp4sub to mp4). Create an extra 2 video tracks (new track button bottom left) and then add each file to the video tracks by drag and drop, all at the start. A: videotrack 1, goes top left, B: videotrack 2, goes bottom left, C goes top right and D goes bottom right. Just move them around with the mouse. They will snap to grid.

When done try to play and see if all is in sync. If so, export the project as an AVC4k file and sit back for the PC to run the rendering. Might take a long time depending on how fast a PC you have.

Hope this could help you.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom