1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a DVD on PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Daverey2, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Daverey2

Daverey2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi
    As some of you who have read my earlier posts may be aware, I am new to the whole video capture & DVD authoring process.

I have recently managed to capture 60 minutes worth of camcorder footage onto my PC, and have bought Pinnacle Studio 9 SE to play around with it.

I appreciate that the SE version is not fully featured, however, so far it appears to more than suitable for my needs.

I am at thestage now where I have the video clips laid out in the correct sequence, with screen transitions between each clip, and title pages etc in place. I also have a photo slideshow at the end.

My question is, how is the best way to get it onto a DVD?
    I read somewhere that yo can create the DVD straight from the project, or you can "render" (is this the right term?) to the PC first, them copy to DVD.

My PC is fairly high-spec (2400Mhz, 512Mb RAM, 30Gb free disk space), so I wondered which is the best way to do it, and if either way is more liekly to lead to problems.

Also, if I render to PC, will it take hours? and is it then easy to get it back onto a DVD?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Dave

2. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I'm new to this myself but have been using Studio 9 SE for a couple of months and find it fine for my needs. (apart from the appalling Composite capture).

You will need to render the project as part of 'make film'. If I'm correct, it appears that for a under an hour (running at 100% quality) it takes the same amount of time to render (ie 1 hour), but if you run at 50% quality then it takes twice the amount of time.

In 'make disc' settings I always choose to create the dvd files on the PC. That way if it all goes wrong then I haven't wasted a disc. I then select 'create disc using files' (same menu) to copy to dvd-rw. I'm not much of a chancer.

I check the dvd-rw on my player and if it's ok, then I create a dvd-r.

The rendering is done automatically - You don't have a choice
    The options Create dvd/create dvd files on PC/copy files to dvd are all on the same menu in settings.

Hope this helps.