1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating 3d/ 360degree view of room with camcorder for website

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by slewis1972, May 3, 2004.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok - I have a Panasonic DS65b - and would like to put say a view of a room on a website - where the viewers and basically go left right, up down etc - and view - all 360 degrees of the room.

I gather this is going to involve the use of my camcorder - but any idead what sort of soft ware I will need etc.

Any help appreciated.

Scott

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I would have thought that this type of picture would be taken useing a stills camera.
    I have a Canon digicam that has a feature called 'photo stitch' that lets you take several pictures to form a panaramic view or even take a complete circular seamless picture. I don't know which other makers have this type of feature.

Mark.

3. Mylesr

Mylesr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We used a digital stills camera, tripod and Apple's QuickTime VR Authoring Studio to stitch them all together to create a qtvr. We moved the camera 30 degrees around to complete a circle then repeated it with the camera pointed down 45 degrees and up 45 degrees. This gave us enough stills to create a full 360 degree "ball". We included hot spots within the ball once we had it all in the software so users could move from one place of interest to another. We had to wait for a sunny day for best results as most of the qtvr's were outside.
    I don't know if this will be of any help to you though using a camcorder unless you intend to lift the appropriate frames from your footage and use those.

Myles

4. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this done on local real estate websites showing inside of houses, I dont know how they do it but if you get stuck find an agent who does this and ask them. If they wont help you (most real estate agents wont unless you are giving them money) you could always pretend you want to sell your house.