Create recovery discs

tonyk79

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm building a computer for my nephew and was wondering what is the best software that I can use to make a recovery disc setup. I plan to,put an extra hidden HD in there for just the backups. I really want something idiot proof as this is,going to a different country and I don't want to spend hours on the phone when something goes wrong. Is Norton Ghost still the best software to use as I really want this to be idiot proof for him.

The spec of system is;
I5 3570k, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd, 1tb HD, 80gb sata for backups and DVD rw on windows 7 pro (genuine copy)

am guessing the 80Gb is an old drive, do you think that might not be the best thing for a backup solution?
check out the websites of the manuf of your 1Tb hdd, most have a free cloning solution that will make you a factory restore setup, or if you don't want him accessing it consider a linux based solution.

The 80gb drive is brand new, still sealed in anti static bag. We have about 200 of them at work. I was going to use Acronis True Image but I know there was an issue with the 2011 version causing MBR errors after a few weeks of use. The 1tb drive is going to be used for data storage and games with the ssd as the OS drive. I just want a recovery option that will allow him to restore the whole lot at a few key clicks or key presses to give my less work!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom