1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create Formal Color Profile for LCD Projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DLC Photo, Dec 17, 2004.

1. DLC Photo

DLC Photo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have a Canon LV-7210 LCD Projector, whose main use is projecting photographs from my Dell Inspiron 8600 Laptop, for workshop presentations, etc. Color accuracy is reasonable, but not as precise as I would like it.

The Projector has color options to tweak the image, and this helps some, but again, it is not precise.

In the rest of my overall workflow, I use formal Color Profiles to achieve the goal of color consistency. I have the GretagMacBeth Eye-One Display to create color profiles for both CRT and LCD computer monitors, and this works quite well. I also have profiles that have been created for both my camera and printer.

I have been checking manuals, web, forum boards, etc., but haven't come across a way (yet) of creating a Color Profile for the output from my Canon LCD Projector. If this can be done, it should give me the color accuracy I'm looking for.

Has anybody done this, or know of a way to do this (hopefully with the equipment I currently have)?

Thanks!

Don Cohen
    http://www.dlcphoto.com