Create CD/DVD- can only do Data discs

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by cjmccarthy72, Sep 20, 2007.

1. cjmccarthy72

cjmccarthy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Sony XL100- not sure if my problem is a the fault of the hardware or MCE.

When I put in a blank DVD-R and it goes to "Create CD/DVD mode", I am only left with the option of "Create Data DVD". This also applies if I go into this via "More programmes", or the options from "My Pictures" etc.

Am I going mad or when I first used this PC I saw the option create Video DVD before within Create CD/DVD option. Basically I want to create a DVD of pictures that can be played in my parents DVD player- not a PC. Have I lost this part of the programme? How can it be restored?

PS- I also have a problem of a green tinged LCD screen (but only when the LCD is switched off & on again)- this is thanks to any later Nvidea drivers than the original preinstalled- any clues?

Many thanks

cjmccarthy72

2. Mackem

Mackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Interesting comment re the green tinged screen. I have the XL-201 and I've had this 2-3 times on my LCD. It was easily resolved by flipping between my HDMI 1 & 2 inputs with the remote but I was worried it was my telly. Sounds as if it may not be after all.