Create a website & forum, advice & help needed!!

moby125

Hi, I would like too create a website & forum for my local driving instructor association, but have no idea how to proceed with this.

I have been looking at Google Sites;
https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...google.com/&service=jotspot&passive=true&ul=1 , which seems pretty straightforward to use.

As the for the forum I have been looking at this Forumotion; Create your own free forum, FORUMOTION - Make your forum for free

Would I be able to link the two together ok?

Any advice you could give me, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Paul.

mattwhat4

Standard Member
I´m using Zimplit, it´s very easy and free cms, at Zimplits homepage you can find manuals and demo that can help you. They also provide a hosting for 1€ per month. For more info visit Home. Hope that can help you :)

jerryfb

I use wordpress that is a blog package but allows all sorts of plugins such as forums. Wordpress is very very search engine friendly which may be important to you if you want to go up the Google rankings. Additionally you can easily customise your site. Here's mine - minus the forum - Cider making, vegetable growing and sustainability in sussex

moby125

I take it the google one is free hosting??? Can you host it yourself or do you have to pay out, for someone else too host??

I think at the minute the more basic/easier option may be better for me, as I don't have much experience of websites at the moment.

The Informe site looks very similar too the Forumotion one, so I will look into these in a little more detail.

If anyone else has any more suggestions it will be, much appreciated.

Last edited:

jerryfb

I take it the google one is free hosting??? Can you host it yourself or do you have to pay out, for someone else too host??

I think at the minute the more basic/easier option may be better for me, as I don't have much experience of websites at the moment.

The Informe site looks very similar too the Forumotion one, so I will look into these in a little more detail.

If anyone else has any more suggestions it will be, much appreciated.

If you really want a forum how many people are you expecting to visit? Will it be open or just for your local driving instructors. Forums are some work to maintain and keep active and even harder with very few visitors. A blog is also free and allows people to comment and exchange views on particular issues. Forums are for more open discussion but you need something to talk about.

moby125

Thanks jerryfb, for your help. Really like the look of you website/blog. So I am certainly going to look at the route you have taken.

As for instructors there are about 60/70 in the area around Crewe/Nantwich. But in the future I may open it up to South Cheshire/North Staffs. So maybe the blog is the way too go for the time being.

jerryfb

:smashin:
Thanks jerryfb, for your help. Really like the look of you website/blog. So I am certainly going to look at the route you have taken.

As for instructors there are about 60/70 in the area around Crewe/Nantwich. But in the future I may open it up to South Cheshire/North Staffs. So maybe the blog is the way too go for the time being.

Well I reckon that a driving instructors blog where you all share funny stories and experiences would be a real hit. In fact I'm sure there must be blogs like it out there but if you can get enough good stories then you're on to a winner.

You can get Wordpress blogs hosted for free on wordpress.org. You can still apply and tailor your theme and apply all the plugins you like to increase the functionality. Come up with a great name and you'll shoot up the rankings. Then you can start the advertising and maybe even make a bit of money

You can always move the site to your own domain if you hit success

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom