Create a .csv file from my 5530?

secretmachines

hi everyone
i'd like to export all my contacts from my 5530 so i can put them into my Google account, then sync it all up.
anyone know how I can get the contacts from my phone, into a CSV (or similar) and then into Google?
I have OVI installed on my PC, but can't see an 'export to csv' (or similar) option in there?

prking

Hi, I was sure I already answered this but obviously didn't!
You can directly sync the 5530 with Google Sync. If you go to the Google Sync website and select the Nokia option. (or for a one off use the SyncML option). This works on even a cheap phone like my Nokia6303.
However, if you want to export the contacts from your PC, its best to use PC suite rather than Ovi Suite. Its more fiddly than using Google Sync though.

secretmachines

Hi, I was sure I already answered this but obviously didn't!
You can directly sync the 5530 with Google Sync. If you go to the Google Sync website and select the Nokia option. (or for a one off use the SyncML option). This works on even a cheap phone like my Nokia6303.
However, if you want to export the contacts from your PC, its best to use PC suite rather than Ovi Suite. Its more fiddly than using Google Sync though.
thanks for the reply :)
i'd rather import the contacts into Google as I'm a bit worried about the big mess of two sets of contacts being merged together! i'd rather edit all the phone contacts in Google before syncing.
does that make sense? :)

which is PC Suite... i thought that was Ovi suite :blush:

EDIT - just found the PC Suite download on the nokia website, will give that a go :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom