CrazyAl's Garage Conversion

looking good, can't wait to see some final shots

Hi Recardo

Thanks for the comments.

I can't wait either - just in time for Christmas (I hope) :D.

Thanks

Al

Not much of an update but here you are anyway - plastering is done and what a great job the guys did too. I'm really chuffed with it.

Colour-scheme ideas welcome :)

I was thinking of a black ceiling, then the top of the walls all round black (9-10") and then coming down to a nice dark chocolate colour.

Cheers

CrazyAl

Excellent work !

I've almost finished doing out my attic room as a home cinema so I'm showing a keen interest in what everyone else is doing. I'll be posting images once it's all completed.

I've painted my room white. Beige carpet being fitted on Friday.

Regarding a premier movie showing, I'm going for The Dark Knight. Inviting all the boys around on Friday 12th December for a "Boys Knight" :)

Excellent work !

I've almost finished doing out my attic room as a home cinema so I'm showing a keen interest in what everyone else is doing. I'll be posting images once it's all completed.

I've painted my room white. Beige carpet being fitted on Friday.

Regarding a premier movie showing, I'm going for The Dark Knight. Inviting all the boys around on Friday 12th December for a "Boys Knight" :)

Hi Big_Phil

Thanks for the comments :smashin:

The Dark Knight is also high up on my list too - it really is a AAA title and is one of those films that will really show off a home cinema setup :D

I have both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray of Bladerunner (don't ask - horrible confusion all round last Christmas :rolleyes:)

They are, as far as my eyes are concerned, totally identical in terms of PQ and audio quality.

There is a nice intro by Ridley Scott saying that this version is the one that he has always wanted to bring out to the public for years. Ridley says the film went through some sort of wonderful digital transfer machine (which he personally oversaw at every step) so the PQ is awesome.

Go get it :D

CrazyAl
Schweeeeeet!

Painting is almost done - I'll be posting piccies either tomorrow or Friday night once it is all done.

After that the speaker cables get pulled through and the sockets will be cut out.

Cheers

Al

i want to see more pics please.....i'm not happy to say the least.

Ask and ye shall receive :thumbsup:

I've gone with a chocolate brown ceiling and wall for the PJ screen.

The rest of the room is in what is called 'Creme Caramel'.

The room is coming along nicely with some brush-plates and lots of double sockets at the AV end of the rook and the PC desk end.

As you can see, I've opted for some double sockets at desk level as well so hopefully no more getting on my hands and knees to plug in the odd piece of kit or gadget. I'm getting too old for all that :D

I've also opted for wall-monting the LCD screen. This should help save space on how far forward the PJ screen has to come to lower in front of the LCD screen. The LCD mount kit will be here this week along with the new coffee table.

Down-lighters should also be in the week Wed/Thu. Anyway, enough jabber, heres some piccies. More to follow:

The sockets:

PC end:

Coffee Table:

Cheers

Al

HI Al

Thats looking nice, come along way from the original plans to the stage its at.
I'll be interested to see it when its finished.

Especially as your a fellow cov resident

Rich

HI Al

Thats looking nice, come along way from the original plans to the stage its at.
I'll be interested to see it when its finished.

Especially as your a fellow cov resident

Rich

Hi Reechard

Thanks for the comments, yep it's coming along bit by bit :smashin:

As you're in Cov I'll keep the volume down (yeah right!)

Cheers

Al

Right, the spots went in tonight at the PC end and the middle of the room :clap:

Once the LCD mount arrives we will have a better idea of where the pelmet for the PJ screen will sit and then from that, we can work out where the spots in front of the pelmet will go. I need that Mount!

Anyway, here's some piccies. They were taken on the iPhone -apologies in advance.

PC end:

Middle of room:

Cheers

CrazyAl

Last edited:
:mad: oooooh.....! Its like heroes... to be continued... isnt there like a comic to tell me what happens next.... i really need to know

;) looking very nice al

:mad: oooooh.....! Its like heroes... to be continued... isnt there like a comic to tell me what happens next.... i really need to know

;) looking very nice al

Hi h4

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

The LCD mount arrived today so we'll be looking at that tomorrow. The computer desk/cupboards will hopefully go in sometime this week.

Cheers

Al

Hi All

Better quality photos of the room tonight, plus the LCD bracket has gone up with a small brushed socket for the HDMI and power cables. :thumbsup:

We measured things up several times, so once it's up it should be bang on right where we want it to be.

Anyway, enjoy...

Projector screen is going up next, so then I can work out where the projector itself will need to be hung.

Cheers

Al

i like the HDMI socket idea...if its what i'm thinking it is:lesson:

Hi h4

The socket by the LCD mount is one of these, although the backplate is only in place at the moment - I know what you were thinking of though ;)

I have them on the floor for my front speakers and a double-socket version in the middle for all the other cables to spill out of.

There will also be one on the ceiling for the projector once it is in place.

Thanks

Al

Screen is up.

Worked it out to have about 1.5" between the screen and the front of the LCD once it is mounted.

EDIT - changed piccie for a better one, with the spots in front of the screen.

Cheers

Al

Last edited:
:eek:

Loving it - loving it - loving it. cant wait for a shot on COD5 Zombie mode on that.

Now - all we need is a sofa and we're good to go!! :thumbsup:

Oh - and the electronics obviously.

Thats a great job to date mate! Bet you can't wait to finish and chill out with some bevies!:smashin:

Hi alz2605

Thanks for the comments. Hoping to get some of the computer desk and cupboards in this week, time permitting.

It's all coming together nicely and it shouldn't be too long now :D

Cheers

Al

That looks pretty sweet. I'd love to sacrifice our garage for that but I think my parents would kill me, we'd have nowhere for all the stuff stored in it at the moment, and I couldn't afford it anyway. =P

Still, keep the pics coming, I really want to see the end result. :D

That looks pretty sweet. I'd love to sacrifice our garage for that but I think my parents would kill me, we'd have nowhere for all the stuff stored in it at the moment, and I couldn't afford it anyway. =P

Still, keep the pics coming, I really want to see the end result. :D

Hi WilliamTM

Thanks for the comments, really appreciate them :smashin:

I had a similar problem with regards to storing existing stuff from the garage, so built a bigger shed to house it all. After the room is finished, we're gonna run some power out there for lighting, tumble dryer and the new freezer.

Seems like one job after another at the moment :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom