Crazy Heart UK BD

multix

Someone who has received Crazy Heart UK Blu-ray yet, and can tell about specs on it. Thanks:)

Last edited by a moderator:

mckee74

Distinguished Member
I didn't even realise it was out over here yet. Wonderful film. Have to go have a look.

Garrett

irascian

Banned
I'm away from home until the weekend so can't check the spec for the original poster, but must say I enjoyed this film a lot more than I thought it would.

I think I'm the only person in the world who just doesn't "get" The Big Lebrowski and I've never rated Jeff Bridges because he just seems to play pretty much the same character every film (himself). But Maggie Gylenhaal is always good value and having watched the film I still think Colin Firth should have got the oscar, but Mr Bridges comes a close second.

Liked the fact the film didn't go for the easy cop-out ending too. Looks great on Blu-Ray and well worth a rental if not a purchase.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
I'm away from home until the weekend so can't check the spec for the original poster, but must say I enjoyed this film a lot more than I thought it would.

I think I'm the only person in the world who just doesn't "get" The Big Lebrowski and I've never rated Jeff Bridges because he just seems to play pretty much the same character every film (himself). But Maggie Gylenhaal is always good value and having watched the film I still think Colin Firth should have got the oscar, but Mr Bridges comes a close second.

Liked the fact the film didn't go for the easy cop-out ending too. Looks great on Blu-Ray and well worth a rental if not a purchase.
Welcome to Ignore List. Population: YOU. ;)

hottentot

Someone who has received Crazy Heart UK Blu-ray yet, and can tell about specs on it. Thanks:)
Last time you asked a question like that I specially fired up my system, inserted the three separate discs you were asking about; made notes of the features that interested you and made a comprehensive reply.

Not a word of acknowledgement from you; total silence; so what makes you think I'd go to all that trouble on your behalf again?

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Picked it up in HMV yesterday, My local ASDA didn't have it or had even heard of it so had to fork out 20 notes for it, Worth it though, Bridges is on top form and the soundtrack is excellent.

Watched this last night. The Blu-ray looked good, but I don't know just how many time I've seen this type film now. No surprises here, just another repeat of this particular type of middle brow redemption story. The performances are excellent, the rest is forgettable. Watch The Wrestler instead. it's no more original, but it serves up the same story with a bit more life and humor.

irascian

Banned
Watched this last night. The Blu-ray looked good, but I don't know just how many time I've seen this type film now. No surprises here, just another repeat of this particular type of middle brow redemption story. The performances are excellent, the rest is forgettable. Watch The Wrestler instead. it's no more original, but it serves up the same story with a bit more life and humor.

Funny. I felt the same way (but more so) about "The Wrestler". Really didn't get what all the fuss was about. Too much if it was like a bad "fly on the wall documentary" in terms of filming style, film quality (even at a digital cinema it looked like 16mm blown up way beyond it should have been, tired, hackneyed father/daughter plot, long pauses where nothing really happens. Felt "Crazy Heart" at least didn't put me though that and was a much more professional looking product. I could happily sit through "Crazy Heart" again. You'd really have to pay me to watch "The Wrestler" again (which, typically, I watched in an almost empty cinema at the height of all the oscar hype)

Funny. I felt the same way (but more so) about "The Wrestler". Really didn't get what all the fuss was about. Too much if it was like a bad "fly on the wall documentary" in terms of filming style, film quality (even at a digital cinema it looked like 16mm blown up way beyond it should have been, tired, hackneyed father/daughter plot, long pauses where nothing really happens. Felt "Crazy Heart" at least didn't put me though that and was a much more professional looking product. I could happily sit through "Crazy Heart" again. You'd really have to pay me to watch "The Wrestler" again (which, typically, I watched in an almost empty cinema at the height of all the oscar hype)

Save your breath. I'm not even a big fan of The Wrestler, it's the same tired story as this, though what you misunderstood as a lack of professionalism most people got as a sense of style, like it or not.

Grubert

Funny. I felt the same way (but more so) about "The Wrestler". Really didn't get what all the fuss was about. Too much if it was like a bad "fly on the wall documentary" in terms of filming style, film quality (even at a digital cinema it looked like 16mm blown up way beyond it should have been, ...

Maybe because it was shot on 16mm? ;)

Found it:D

Dts-Hd Master 5.1 English
Dolby Digtal 5.1 English, Spanish and Portuguese

Subs:
Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norweigan, English, Spanish and Portuguese

Great, thanks! :smashin:

irascian

Banned
Save your breath. I'm not even a big fan of The Wrestler, it's the same tired story as this, though what you misunderstood as a lack of professionalism most people got as a sense of style, like it or not.

Well thanks for that!

So basically you started off saying "Don't watch Crazy Heart. Watch 'The Wrestler" instead". And now you're saying The Wrestler is "tired".

Why tell people to watch a movie that you consider "tired"?

I've come to expect a certain amount of arrogance and patronising remarks in your posts, but can you at least be consistent in what you're telling others to do or not do?

By the way, I read a LOT of great reviews of "The Wrestler" (which is why I took a rare trip to the cinema to see it instead of waiting for the Blu-Ray) but I don't think a single one of them suggested that the film had "a sense of style". But heh, let's not let facts get in the way of telling people they've "misunderstood" something or claiming that "most" people have stated something they quite clearly haven't.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Got the The Big Lebowski recorded on Sky Hd, haven't seen it yet, might have to watch it this weekend.

Heard a lot about this so called "dude".

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
If you don't get the Big Lebowski, you need to get into your dressing gown pour a white Russian and watch agian :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022