1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Frog adverts

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by krg, May 18, 2005.

1. krg

krg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone actually enjoy those :censored: Crazy Frog ringtone adverts?

It seems to be on during EVERY ad break on ITV and C4 lately, and sometimes twice during the same ad break. :eek:

I'm getting really fed up with having to change the channel for 30 seconds when it comes on. It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to stop watching anything on advert supported channels.

Something must be done to rid us of this menace! :lease:

Or am I in the minority here?

While I'm ranting, also dreadful are the Michael Winner ads ("it's not a real mouse") and the SafeStyle(?) window ads ("You buy one, you get one free"). Sure, they may have stuck in my mind but I can tell you I'll never buy anything from them. Policy!

2. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

CALM DOWN DEAR! It's NOT a real frog!

:D

3. Charlton Fan

Charlton Fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Worrying thing is how much money Jamster! and its rivals must be making to be able to advertise on the terrestrial channels, (including during popular programmes like Corrie).

I am afriad they are here to stay until people stop buying the goddamn things!! :thumbsdow

Chris

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    I cannot undersatnd people buying specil ring tones, after all its only a phone, and the standard one alerts you, is it peer presure or one upmanship that makes people by them? The must be makein a awfull lot of money from the amount of ads the show with it on.

I too have seen it sown at the start of the ads and at the end. :thumbsdow

5. Mendes

Mendes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Unfortunatley its gonna get worse before it gets better. The cd single is out on Monday I think which means ever commercial radio station and every shop will be playing it to death................. :suicide:

6. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I despair. I truly do.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to spend money on this nonsense. What on earth is wrong with the ones already in the phone, surely the selection is enough for any sane person.

I am at a loss to understand what is in the head of anyone wanting to buy these and make the owners of the companies which supply them, rich. If everyone was like me they would already be out of business. I refuse to buy them.

Why have the Brits got this penchant for throwing money away, I am refering to cash machines which charge. I catagorically refuse to use them, if everyone did the same, they would rapidly disappear, and the owners would be forced into realising that perhaps we aren't as stupid as they would like us to be.

Rant Over. :clap: :clap: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    This has got me started on one of my pet hates, Stupid adverts.

I cannot be the only one who has noticed that many adverts are getting more bizarre, I presume it's done to grab our attention. It has exactly the opposite effect on me, the more outrageous and annoying, the less likely I am to be interested in the product.

It seems that the advertising industry has convinced the advertisers that this is the way to go, sorry but most people I talk to aren't influenced by them in any way, except to be annoyed. So I guess the plan isn't working. :boring: :boring: :boring:

8. krg

krg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    While in the bar this evening someone's mobile rang and it was Axel F. It didn't go on long enough to hear whether it was the Frog version but... oh, I hope not.

After the phone rang the topic of conversation turned to the Frog. The upshot being we ALL hated it! Nice to know my friends are sane. :thumbsup: But then someone said, because there are a few variants of the advert, they'd seen THREE different ads in the same break once. :eek:

And now I hear from Mendes that there's going to be a single released? Groan... oh, how we used to laugh at those crazy Europeans and their most peculiar music. Now look what's happening this side of the water. :rolleyes:

I'm with Logo Hater on this one. Annoying adverts will not get my money. I may be fully aware of the company, so they've got the brand awareness checkbox ticked, but out of principle they're not ever getting me as a customer.

9. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    MTV and associated SKY channels are almost becoming a no go zone due to the Frog and Chick adverts.
    I work in a call centre and sometimes we changed from the info channel on the screens to MTV to liven things up but the managment have stopped this due to the lack of continuous music and those ringtone adverts.

10. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Individuality. It's not a case of "I need a ring tone I know because everyone else has the standard ones" but more of a novelty the fact that you can use MP3's as your ring tone. Unfortunately the novelty of this has kicked off novelty-sh!te ringtones which then afects the way people write music. Damon Albarn from Blur said a couple of years ago that a single from the album was written around the fact it can be played as a ring tone and I'm sure that bloomin Akon - Lonely crap was destined for Mobiledom.

Personally, I go for the subtle tune with 6 Under Ground by the Sneaker Pimps.

:D

Richie.

11. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Ban The Frog!!!

12. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    frog ring tones, that wretched dancing chicken on crack, theyre all targetted at poor chavs. should be a chav squad going around breaking pepls phones if they have these sonic abominations as ring tones. jamster is also infamous for subscribing kids up to weekly ring tones, very dodgy company. :thumbsdow

13. reevesy

reevesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,196
    dont even get me started , i heard one go off on someones phone in hmv the other day by someone old enough to know better.
    the urge to rip his phone from him and insert it sideways somewhere where he would definitly not want it inserting was so great i had to walk out of the shop,especially as i'm on probabtion from the last time! :mad: :suicide: :eek:

14. john59

john59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I think the term "the masses are asses" comes into play in this case.

Has anyone else noticed that people who are into this kind of product have heads that are flat at the back and if you try to have a conversation with them they just grunt :boring:

15. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Yes, i hate this advert and the annoying chick one! they are slowly moving on to ITV and CH4, but have been on Music channels constantly, you cant have an ad break with out it!!! :mad:

They also fail to mention that if you are stupid enough to order the ringtone, they sign you up to a weekly text service, skinning you for about £4 a week! :eek:

I can see the attraction in personalised ringtones, people do it for the same reason as people wear different clothes etc for individuality, i have custom ringtones on my phone, but i dont pay for them, get them all via bluetooth after using an MP3 cutter on my PC. :D

Now all slate me for having Sir Mixalot as my tone........ :rotfl:

Rob

16. krg

krg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My ringtone is currently The Prodigy's You'll Be Under My Wheels, though I'm still trying to source the Fatboy Slim version of Tejo Black Alien & Speed's Quem Que Caguetou.

The ironic thing is that both tracks were used in TV adverts!

17. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Is there not a puclic nucance order that can be put against this advert? As music channels have been riddled with them for months, and it would maybe funny to see once (and only once) but when it and other assorted ring tone adverts are on every single break, it takes the biscuit. Bring back the amburlance chasser adverts i say!

18. krg

krg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks to Chris E from the Digital Spy forums, here's a link to a C4 interview with the original animator of Crazy Frog:

http://www.channel4.com/music/features/C/crazyfrog0505.html

I don't have the figures but I did hear that the ASA has received more complaints about this advert than any other (?) Trouble is there's nothing actually wrong or illegal about it so they can't do anything. :(

All I know is other innocent companies are missing out on my potentially seeing their adverts while I'm switched over to BBC or something to stay clear of the Frog during advert breaks. :cool:

19. Daveace1

Daveace1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    And a farting gorilla !!!!! What is all that about ??? :confused: :mad: :confused:

20. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I don't tend to watch TV, we have a Freeview box, but it probably only gets turned on a few times a month, so up until yesterday when i visited my farther and had lunch watching the lunchtime news knew nothing of the add....I'd heard the tone and laughed the first time at something so absurd, but that was it.

However what a *&$£&* add it is, and it seemed every five minutes it was on, and cross network too...My father automaticaly switches chanels when it starts, so I guess while they TV stations are raking in cash at the moment, the actual impact of other adds will be pathetic.

Its a shame, i liked Axel-F even before it hit Beverley Hills Cop (Now i feel old!)

Just thought I'd add while we don't watch TV, we have hundereds of DVD's and watch loads of series this way instead, no adds, missing episodes, or getting bored with long cliff hangers.

21. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    it's dire...really dire...they must have spent loads on advertising tho..!! hopefully they'll make a big loss, but somehow I doubt it...

22. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +659
    Crazy Frog is intensely irritating, but nothing could be as bad as the jingly "message from our sponsor" breaks in Desperate Housewives. If I hear that "oh.... yes!" one more time I think my head will probably explode. :mad:

23. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,346
    I know all these ringtones are immensely annoying, but I wish I had been involved with some of these companies that you see advertise.

The amount of money they must be making, kids see the advert, download the ringtone, probably not realising they are subscribing to a service costing them £3 - £5 a month. Think how many kids now have mobiles, as someone else said, to be now advertising on ITV they must be raking it in.

24. clever dicky

clever dicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No reason to share this but an example of irony.

I knew a lad quite well, back in the eighties who I worked with. He was very popular with all managers at the time, definitly a golden boy and new his stuff.

He went off in around 84/85 to join a company in London selling/ marketing mobiles. One of the first BIG company's. When they were just starting.
    Always bragging about the money he would make. He was very sure of himself and even bought the ring he wanted as a leaving gift, then did his own collection.

Mobiles were like bricks then, and you only knew of someone that had used one. (I never thought it would ever catch on)
    Sad thing is, while living it up, he died on one of his works do's. (the marchioness)

25. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    There is a Crazy Frog petition here. So sign it!

It probably wont make a difference, but it might make you feel better! :)

its still driving me insane! :suicide:

Rob

26. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    2098. Nath EVERY TIME YOU PLAY THAT FROG ON TV, I WILL TORTURE, HALF DROWN, THEN KILL A KITTEN!

Nuff said :hiya:

27. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I punish the TV company by muting the Tv for the entire advert break
    when I hear the start of the tune. Kick them where it hurts, in the ad revenue.

28. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    These blooming ringtone adverts are enough to make me want to through a brink at the TV!!!

29. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    before the that F**king frog and its demented mates came along, (but I'm sure it was teh same company behind it) my daughter signed up for some ring tones...without me knowing but she thought it was going to cost £3 so no big deal.....her next mobile phone bill was £250!!!. We tried texting "stop", emailing them, calling them........all to no avail....had to cancel the number to get rid of the b*stards!

30. safechuck

safechuck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watched a programme on The Discovery Channel last night. 1 hour long,with 3 ad breaks, 6 adverts per break and on every break 3 adverts were for Jamster and the Crazy Frog, 9 per hour is just too much surely...