Crazy Fire TV 4K problem..

ProfessorPorridge

Novice Member
I’ve connected my Fire tv 4K to my new Optoma HD28e projector but cannot get anything above HD quality to show in the program listings on the Netflix or Prime video apps. My broadband speed is around 30mb and I’m paying for the highest quality on Netflix. Both Amazon and Netflix confirm that I’m getting UHD 4K quality.
The weird thing is that if I remove the cable from the projector and put it into a Toshiba tv, a load of content flips over to being ‘UHD 4K’ next to the title!
The Optoma runs 1080p @60hz natively and it should be fine. I’ve tried to force the Fire to run at this resolution but same results.
Can anyone suggest anything?

Supermal

I’ve connected my Fire tv 4K to my new Optoma HD28e projector but cannot get anything above HD quality to show in the program listings on the Netflix or Prime video apps. My broadband speed is around 30mb and I’m paying for the highest quality on Netflix. Both Amazon and Netflix confirm that I’m getting UHD 4K quality.
The weird thing is that if I remove the cable from the projector and put it into a Toshiba tv, a load of content flips over to being ‘UHD 4K’ next to the title!
The Optoma runs 1080p @60hz natively and it should be fine. I’ve tried to force the Fire to run at this resolution but same results.
Can anyone suggest anything?
This is normal.your projector only does hd so you will you only see that at the title.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom