Crazy Boot Cycle Puzzle

pali1h

Novice Member
Reaction score
So get this. I have a 5 year old LG 55ga7900. My family was watching TV and it kept boot cycling. Shows LG logo, goes into find which display to use, off and back on again, over and over and never stops. Never-ending boot cycle. Replaced the power cable first, no luck. Get this, if I hold down either the power button on the TV OR remote, it doesn't boot cycle! The TV will stay on and work properly with one depressed and won't do the boot cycle. I could technically tape the power button down and have no problems. I went inside the TV and disconnected the button panel, thinking it was the internals of the power button shorting out. Took batteries out of remote. Same thing. It will boot cycle with the internal power button disconnected and the batteries put of the remote. I took the power delivery board out, checked all capacitors with a multimeter (I do pc repair for a living). Couldn't find anything blown on the power board. TV turns itself on automatically when it gets power to it. How in the heck does a boot loop go away if I hold either power button down and then boot cycle the moment I let go of the power button? I still think it must be something with the power board. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm getting the right voltage from power board to main board. Starting to think it's the mainboard. I just don't understand how it can work if I hold the power button on the remote or TV power button.

So I found that any input, not just the power button, stops the TV from power cycling. So if it is plugged into power, it auto boots no matter what. If you hold the volume or channel button, it causes it to stay on. The moment you try to push anything else or stop holding any button, it does infinite cycles. So its like if you keep it busy with an input, it won't power off and back on. TV is useless in this but still weird. I'm so confused. I can't even flash this thing the way it is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom