Crash 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

MikeTVMikeTV

I tend to not buy any of the 4K re-issues of older films as i have most of them on bluray and i dont think it really adds that much to the picture.

This is one of my favourite films so i will buy it.

Amazing film, some really really good performances in this.

encaser

I'm not sure about it not being as bad as other horrors done by Cronenberg, I only have to hear the title and my mind cruelly revisits Spader frenching mate. Ugh.
It's an interesting film if nothing else and would be a very short lived club.
Stranger though, is to think of the rather more charming and engaging family tale of Empire of the Sun from Ballard. But then on that film, to get the shocked effect on Bale's face Spielberg was after (the Berg's), he had the actor playing the Chinese housekeeper batter poor little Bale for real, after repeatedly telling him she wouldn't do it again!
I digress. I kind of liked Crash but with the reservation that it finally drove so far up it's own tale-pipe that I wouldn't choose to see it again.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I tend to not buy any of the 4K re-issues of older films as i have most of them on bluray and i dont think it really adds that much to the picture.

This is one of my favourite films so i will buy it.

Amazing film, some really really good performances in this.
I find it almost 100% the reverse.

Older films shot on film often look downright amazing with a native 4K release.

Compare that with many a new release shot on 2-4K digital which are then given a 2K DI. Nice colours but very little difference in detail.

Anyways, back OT. Never seen this :eek:

HugoFJH

Im SO gutted, I was thinking this was the 2004 Paul Haggis film that was being released in 4k

I really love that film

throatsprockets

Novice Member
it was never needed but for the lazy studios who couldn't be bothered to port over the extras to the main 4K disc itself; in ditching the Blu-ray
I disagree. For those of us who haven't yet been able to afford a 4K display & player, those double packs are great - they save us from having to buy the movie again when we're finally able to upgrade.

Noahdavid1984

Haha what an utterly bizarre movie this is. First time watching it and went in blind. As I’ve never seen the movie before I have nothing to compare it too but picture quality isn’t doing much for me on this one sadly.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
£2.99 on iTunes at the moment if anyone fancies a bargain.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Each to their own, I always thought it's one of Cronenberg's more accessible film. I've bought it to watch once I'm done with all the Christmassy stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom