1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crappy amstrad boxes and adsl line!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hogwash, Dec 30, 2004.

1. hogwash

hogwash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i got a letter off sky today saying my multi-room set-up had been unplugged from the phone and they were going to charge me xyz, i rang them and said hang on a minute luv, i have looked at the two boxes and they both say connected in the menu and both lines are in-tact.

one had been dialling out she said , the other (the crappy amstrad ) had not.

i have been having terrible adsl download speeds for a couple of weeks and the isp had been investigating , so i unplugged the amstrad from the telephone socket and bingo my d/l speed is back at a meg

anyone had any experience of similar, and hopefully this info is of use to someone else to save them the pain i have gone thru

what is life span of the amstrads ? only had it 4 months ....... rubbish!!! :suicide:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You were using micro filters?

It is a well known issue that ADSL and a digibox connection can cause problems which is why micro filters are commonly issued with a ADSL installation package.
    Very surprised that your ISP never asked you if you had anyother hardware plugged into the socket!