1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crane Audio Advice.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by grainge, Apr 27, 2003.

1. grainge

grainge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ARcam AVR200 and DV88
    Mission M73 fronts
    Cyrus CLS50c centre

I have borrowed the missions from my denon hifi so i am not sure what to do with my set up as i am new to HT. Should i keep the missions and add something like Mission M5ds rears or should I put the mission m73 back with my hifi and go for something like Crain Audio once i have saved up. i am not sure what to do and how good the speakers should be to compliment the above setup.
    Any advice on any thing would be much appreciated as i have not alot of HT experience . thankyou very much.

Nick

2. Chris Crane

Chris Crane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the Crane Audio website for magazine reviews and previous customer comments - hopefully it'll give you a better idea on the speakers.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You have bought a quality amplifier and DVD player which really deserve to be partnered with speakers of greater quality than the Mission M73.

If funds are tight (and you mentioned the word "save") I would keep the Missions and buy a pair of smaller speakers from the same manufacturer for the rears.

I don't think that you would notice any improvement from buying the Crane speakers which makes that route not cost effective.

4. grainge

grainge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What speakers would you suggest would compliment this set up.

Many thanks.

5. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    How about the matching Cyrus standmount speakers so it sounds like the centre? Alternatively check out Kef Q1, B&W 601 S3, Quad 11L or Mission M5. Just make sure you have a matching set across the front 3 to keep a uniform front soundstage.

I have the same amp & speakers you do and am looking to upgrade to one of the above soonest. Just need to demo to find my favourite.

6. grainge

grainge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much for your advice on this ; and if you do get to demo these would you mind giving me your opinion on the better set in your opinion as that would be very informative.

Graingey.