• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Crampton & Moore

K

karldomingo

Hi, anybody used Crampton & Moore to buy their plasma from ? And importantly is there after service good ?

airline1

I used them to buy my Hitachi 7200 via their ebay shop (which they have now closed). I can not fault them for speed of delivery, very quick indeed. I have a couple of issues with the picture quality which is in the process of being sorted, hopefully. When I called them, they just gave me the number for Hitachi without actually asking what the problem was. I suppose I will only find out what their after sales service is like if the TV is not fixed and I have to start arranging a replacement or refund.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
i brought my plasma from their small store but never contacted them since buying it however

T4FF

*Bump*

Was looking to order something from them, anyone have any opinions on them? Is there after sales any good?

chambeaj

Just make sure you avoid '1st Audio Visual Ltd' !! thoroughly deceitful company (rogue merchant).

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
cannot comment on aftersales as iv never required it from them

Speedoguy

Just make sure you avoid '1st Audio Visual Ltd' !! thoroughly deceitful company (rogue merchant).

Interesting you say that Chambeaj as over on the Sharp XD1E postings they were being praised for checking the banding problems before they deliver them?.

See your back showing you've got the PH9,is this a replacement?

RenaultSport

Ordered a Sharp XD1E from them on the 22nd december. Noiced severe ghosting on all inputs, phoned up, replacement arrived 29th december. 2nd one had same fault. Physically took the tv back to their showroom so I could see their display model, which didn't have the fault. They refunded me no questions asked.

johnny-17

Good old fashioned customer service company. They will sort out problems, even dead pixels, if reported promptly. After me, two of my friends have since purchased from them, one of them needing their help with a problem - but both of them very happy with the overall service. It's very easy for people to complain about shops but not very easy for folk to express thanks. Just wish more dealers would provide what was expected of them.

data1

Agree with the above, ordered a lc37gd8 lcd from them, showed in stock on website but it turns out to be OOS. Quick phone call and they sent the gd9 at no extra cost.

The Sharp was a poor set, extreme clay face issues, they replaced with a LG lc2d with no quibles which was more expensive again at no extra cost.

geebeeone

Hi, anybody used Crampton & Moore to buy their plasma from ? And importantly is there after service good ?

From all accounts they are a good store, BUT, I was interested in their Hitachi with the 4 year warranty from Hitachi. I contacted Hitachi regarding this 4year deal and they (Hitachi) said that they would not give this, only the standard 1 year.
So check this first if you are considering this model.

T4FF

From all accounts they are a good store, BUT, I was interested in their Hitachi with the 4 year warranty from Hitachi. I contacted Hitachi regarding this 4year deal and they (Hitachi) said that they would not give this, only the standard 1 year. So check this first if you are considering this model.

The Panny has this in the details:

"Free 5 Year Parts & Labour Warranty Provided By Domestic & General"

I would think that the Hitachi will be the same - 1st year is manufacturer's warranty and the rest is from Dom and Gen.

Punce

Is that the same Warranty as provided by John Lewis?

Punce

Has anybody been cheeky to ask for a price match with these guys?

cedge

I asked JL to price match the Sharp GD9E via E-mail with no luck this week.

Punce

No, what I meant was: do Crampton & Moore offer a price match?

geebeeone

The Panny has this in the details:

I would think that the Hitachi will be the same - 1st year is manufacturer's warranty and the rest is from Dom and Gen.

No,
When I asked C&M who the Hitachi warranty was from, they said Hitachi.
I then contacted Hitachi to confirm and they would only provide 1 year, so check first.

waterloo

CRAPTON&MOORE that's what i say. The customer service is rubbish just wait until something does wrong then you will see the cracks start to appear in this company. They took payment from my bank £1349 for a TV that never came nether did i get any phone calls to let me know why. When i did ring them they told me i had to get my bank to authorize payment :confused: i told them that they have my payment my bank just told me so and that i don't need a authorization code as they crapton have took payment 24hrs ago still they persisted so i just canceled took 3 days to get my money back all in all a week wasted avoid.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom