1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRAMPTON & MOORE.....USELESS........

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jedi-knight, Jul 27, 2005.

1. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I purchased an lg px11 plasma first of all, then returned it without any problems at all as the solarization was unacceptable, swapped it for a panny pw6 and paid for the stand, it was advertised as bundled free with scart terminal, but they said there was no scart terminals in stock at that time so they sent me the composite/svhs terminal on loan for a week they said, also they sent me the wrong stand, the stand they can't even sell on ebay for £60, but charged me £160. it has now been 2 months or so and every time i phone i get attitude from some youngster working there feeding me porkies every time, i was told one time yeah be with you monday, so i waited in all day and nothing arrived, phoned back they said they weren't in stock, when i phoned today same youngster answers again, i asked how come you can advertise the pw7 with bundled scart if you don't have them in stock, he said they are different scart terminals, i said no theyre not, then he got snappy and asked me "are you telling me how to do my job"?, i replied by asking him are you giving me lip ? he laughed and said yes i am....????? why ?? i said your wrong both pw6 & pw7 use the same scart terminal, he then started some fairy tale about a mate of his has a pw7 with 2 scart terminals & he will try getting him to swap for a svhs/composite terminal, and then i can have that one, but he told me they were'nt the same scart terminals a min before ?????

so they have updated the website from pw6 to the pw7 after i purchased my pw6, so there are scart terminals in stock, and if not why are they advertising them bundled with the terminals if they are not, i'm sick of waiting now, i'm contacting trading standards now.

I only purchased from crampton & moore as they were recommended by this forum, they were great at first, but if there is a problem, best of luck.....also the manager is never available to speak to so i'm told......

:thumbsdow :mad: :thumbsdow :mad: :thumbsdow :mad: :thumbsdow

2. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,781
    Don't say that :eek: I've just ordered a Panny PV500 from them, supposedly to arrive tomorrow, I'm worried now :rolleyes:

What problem did you have with them?

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    come on jedi give us a clue!!!!!!

4. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I read the original post, I would pay them a visit if only to give that lad a clip round the ear for the attitude :devil:

5. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    i wouldn't worry goooner your screen has the terminals built in, make sure any extras you paid for are delivered with screen.........

6. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,781
    Thanks mate, I'll be sure to check. Have ordered the PV500 with pedestal and the free ES10 DVD recorder, hopefully it'll all arrive in one piece later on today :lease:

I must say they've been very quick to respond to my emails before I placed the order, answered all the questions I had and phoned to confirm the order had been processed and that delivery would be today.

I suppose you never really find out about any company until something goes wrong :(

I'm with ukdan on this one, might be well worth paying them a visit, if it's not too far away, if only to see if the lad has the same attitude face to face ;)

7. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,781
    Just a quick update. The wife received delivery of my plasma, pedestal and free ES10. I won't be able to check it out until I get home tonight, but from her cursory (looking at the boxes :rotfl: ) inspection, all would be seem to be present and correct.

Probably won't have time to set it up until the weekend, but so far so good, much to my relief after Jedi-knight's post :D

8. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    glad everything was o.k. goooner.

9. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,781
    Thanks Jedi.

All turned out well in the end :)

I wasn't going to bset it up until the weekend, but the thought of it just sitting there in the box for 2 days started eating away at me :rotfl:

So I just got it up and running, turned off the "dynamic" thing and lowered the brightness and contrast and generally had a play about with it.

So far well pleased, haven't got my amp set up again (had to unplug everything to get it out from under the old TV), so no idea on the lip-sync thing. Haven't noticed any other problems, but then I've not really had a proper watch of anything yet, fingers crossed I don't come across anything.

Another bonus, the free ES10 DVD recorder was already multi-region, so I won't have to bother trying to get that sorted :D

DVDs in progressive, through component look fantastic roll on HD :)