1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crampton and Moore

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ashearer, Jul 3, 2003.

1. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    Has anyone dealt with Crampton and Moore? Any problems? My plasma order has gone "missing" on route. Probably a genuine mistake or an issue with the carrier but a bit worried as I haven't dealt with them before.

Cheers.

2. niallsmart

niallsmart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks.

I am sure it is a genuine mistake. The customer service has been excellent. Just a bit worrying with a lot of money at stake. Not to mention, I am very impatient!

4. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have a shop in Sheffield, and are well regarded. If it comes to it, at least you can give them a personal visit, though it is a bit far from Berkshire.

5. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Ashearer

Like you I have ordered some kit (a 30" LG LCD) from Crampton & Moore. Their prices looked very good and when I searched on here everyone who had dealt with them seemed happy with them; but perhaps not so happy with their carrier. Nothing major though.

I only placed the order yesterday and they were almost apologetic that they could not deliver until tomorrow (48 hours). Will post if it arrives OK. Will probably :suicide: if it does not.

What are C & M saying about your missing Plama. I dealt with a guy called Richard and he was most helpful. Hope to hear that you get the delivery soon.

Regards Richard

6. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont complain too much! i ordered a hitachi 42pd3000 plasma from empire direct on 3rd may. It came into stock on monday. THe claim to have shipped it to their couriers on tuesday.

Now Arghh! M1 logistics (empire courier) have 'forgotten' to load my plasma on the effin lorry! for their one and only delivery day to scotland, a friday. Im raging! However, 'its ok sir, we'll deliver i next friday' This is just pants. Another reason never, ever, ever to buy again from empire direct.

I did greet whine and moan, but no-one gives a stuff. I cant work out why for a £70 delivery charge they cant drive back down the M1? just hopeless. So If Cramton actually care, you have found a decent company at least. Who was their courier?

7. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi poggs, I would normally not begin to worry for at least a fortnight on these things. Just that I have not dealt with C & M before (like Ashearer) and his experience has me a little worried. I must admit I would normally cancel an order before two months without delivery unless there were some good reason, like no one else had the item either. Cannot remember C & Ms courier but it is not the same one as Empire.
    Hope your Plasma arrives soon.

Asherer

What are C & M saying about the lost Plasma.

Regards Richard

8. johnski

johnski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Poggs,
    Check that you are definitely getting the delivery on a friday, i ordered a tv recently from empiredirect, was told delivery on friday as M1 only make 1 delivery to scotland(as you say) but it turned up on the thursday and the M1 delivery guys told me that thursday, not friday is their delivery day for scotland,what they told me was that the deliveries are sent to scotland on a friday and sit in a warehouse for delivery the following thursday.

johnski

9. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just dont understand why Empire direct use a company that only does one delivery a week? Whether it comes next thurs or friday its still at least a 10 day delivery following a 2 month wait for stock. This is not good enough really. This will prevent me from buying from empire again. Why dont these companies get their deliveries sorted out? There must be others like me who are unhappy with them. It makes a case for curries etc. At least they deliver 7 days and evenings as well.

10. gpedder

gpedder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered a Hitachi 42PD3000 from C&M on tuesday afternoon, recieved it on thursday morning, no probs at all.

11. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Thanks Geoff

Thats reassuring, as my LG has been slightly delayed. Rang C & M this morning, they said they would ring me back in 5 minutes with info re delivery and they did. Very helpful although ETA has been put back a couple of days. Hope you are enjoying your new Hitachi.

Regards Richard.

12. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thought I'd give an update on this....

I had a delivery on Friday morning but it only included the speakers and the tuner. Spoke to C & M again and they were very apologetic and helpful. The screen arrived yesterday morning. It's now all set-up and I have to say, I am very impressed.

I think all the problems were down to the carrier (City Link). Crampton and Moore were very helpful throughout and I would definitely use them again. Given that most people were quoting six weeks for delivery, five days was excellent.

13. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No surprise there then.
    My Missus works for a firm opposite the citylink depot in Rotherham so they decided to use them (BIG multi £10000 contract). Cocked up from day 1, and terminated the contract after a month.

14. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    My LG Flatron 30" LCD arrived today from Crampton & Moore together with free LG DVD/VCR combo. Ordered last Wednesday so pretty good I thought.
    Unfortunately had one dead pixel. Rang them to say I wanted to send it back. No problems at all said will ring tomorrow to arrange replacement. Very helpful. Would definetely reccommend them at this stage. Other thing is I have never spoken to same person twice, but everyone has same helpful attitude.

Regards Richard