Crampton and Moore OLED calibration service

Bliffington

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, just wondered if anyone had purchased a new OLED TV from Crampton and Moore and used the calibration service they offer in conjunction with HDTVtest. It seems like a good deal price-wise however the only thing putting me off is a few older posts on here which indicate issues with C&M and also the amount of time they run in the tv (minimum 100 hours) before calibration vs what I’ve read in the forums (best to have at least 200 hours before calibration). The blurb also indicates that you’d have better chance of a good panel (screen checked for quality, before any adjustments are undertaken) which seems good as it appears to be a real lottery with what you’re going to get. Just looking for any feedback anyone has, good or bad, before making a decision. Thanks.

This is exactly the question I was going to post till I checked the search for any similar post.

Like you it seems a good service for the cost (£99) for a 77" OLED as a calibration by a pro will cost upwards of £200. Also if they pre check the panel to make sure it's a good one with no obvious defects that's also a plus point.

I am looking for a Sony A80J 77" or LG C1 and their prices are as competitive as others and if there was any further sale reductions coming up I am tempted to use them.

Anyone else have any views on this.

Just thinking rather than in the General tv discussions this might be better in OLED section.

At the current £99 price, I'd do it yeah. Cheaper than a manual professional calibration for a similar-ish end result. Also much cheaper than doing it yourself, and a more accurate calibration in comparison, given the quality of the equipment Vincent has lent them.

Normal price, I'd "quality check" the panels myself ;) and get a professional calibrator to come in and do it later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom