Crackling noise (distortion) on some channels on my new Samsung PS50Q7HD?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by kingaaa, May 2, 2007.

1. kingaaa

kingaaa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I recently bought a Samsung PS50Q7HD and so far am very pleased with the unit, ecept for one thing.When I hooked up my sky+ stb, I found that some channels have a crakly-distortion type noise when people are speaking, it's permanentley there on sky sports for example.I did'nt have this problem with my sony tv,and have tried changing all the sound settings on both the plasma and sky+ box, but with no difference. Anybody experienced this problem? Just thought I'd throw it out here before investing in some really expensive scart-leads.

2. KjK

KjK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I wouldn't invest in expensive scart leads, try a couple of leads if the sound problem is still there then its more than likely a problem with the TV not the leads.

3. Moonkala

Moonkala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    It is the signal quality from the sky box (dish), Adjust sound and check signal, will clear the issue.

4. ojo

ojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My mate had this on his samsung 40" LCD, (Don`t know the model no.?) which i told him not to buy but he listened to the bull that the salesman told him that plasmas are not as good as lcd.
    The music and other audio was mostly OK but with the odd crackle here and there. When he really noticed it was on the news and sports commentary. On the peaks of speech (more so with women news readers) or any high frequency, even at low volume levels there would be an all mighty crackle/distortion. I thought it was the speakers damaged due to his son blasting out his music channels on full whack but the store repairers said it was the amp circuit board and they were having trouble sourcing a replacement so gave him his money back.
    He went straight out and bought(on my recommendation) a Panasonic 42" PX70 and is over the moon with the improved pic quality, sound and features.

5. kingaaa

kingaaa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This is exactly the same symptoms as my set, it just seems to happen on sports and news channels where there is comentary, so it's defintley the plasma's amp circuit board? Thats a pain because I'm really pleased with the set otherwise.Does this also mean that it will still distort even when set up with a surround system?

6. ojo

ojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry mate don`t know.
    All i know is that currys had it for nearly a month and he kicked up a fuss and got his money/credit voucher back.Bought the panny for less and hey gave him the difference in cash.

7. kingaaa

kingaaa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I rang samsung customer care on friday, within 2 minutes they had a service call booked for me, there was no troubleshooting as such.I wonder if this is a common problem?

8. ojo

ojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds if it could be.....

9. lordvader

lordvader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I had this prob on my PS42Q7HD, turning the volume down on the sky box (services/system setup/sound settings)

I turned mine back to half volume and its completly gone, not had any for over 3 months

10. Neil2007

Neil2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Audio levels vary between channels and so audio settings can be adjusted to compensate.