'Crackling' line appeared on Plasma Screen - Any ideas?

D

DarrenB

I've recently had two single lines of what appears to look like a 'fizz' or crackling' effect, running from the top to the bottom of the screen, appear on my Samsung Plasma.
One is approx 1cm in from the left hand side, the other is approx 20cm in from left hand side.
The one furthest to the left seems to be there all the time, the other one appears after about an hour or so. If the set is off for a while then that one disappears but comes back again.
The lines seem to look the same when the picture is either on a dark or a light scene.

Does anybody have any idea what this is?

I feed the screen sky HD via component and DVD via component and I get the issue on both sources.
I've checked all the component cables. All contrast, colour and brighness are set to normal levels.

Screen is over 2 years old and i've had no problems with the display until now.

rds

:eek:
Sounds nasty. Are you abe to take a photograph of your panel showing the problem?

I had something similar on my sony plasma a single line left to right started off as pixalated colours, then went to a black line, got the panel replaced in the end, luckily it was under warrenty.

I'll get some pics posted up.

Wonder if it means my screens on it's way out then.....

Anything like this?

line1.jpg

line2.jpg

We had this on our first LG plasma - started off as a red line for the first few days, then changed to blue and stayed like that until we got it replaced a couple of weeks later. The pics don't really show the random nature of the line, it was kinda like a waterfall effect with the pixels further down the screen being less likely to be lit at any instant, and with the whole thing flickering away for several minutes/hours at a time before disappearing as suddenly as it appeared.

yup Twister, it's just like that - it's not there on pure black or white scenes, but shows up as an orange line on scenes with red in and sky blue on bluer scenes......

what the heck is it, anyone have any ideas?

I've mailed Samsung to see if they can assist....

but if not then i may be stuck with the damn thing and have to replace the screen (as im out of warranty) which i dont want to do just yet....

Well, I've been in touch with SAmsung, the panel is out of warrenty and it needs to be repaired.
They've given me the telephone number of my local Authorised Samsung Repair Centre , DK Audio Visual Services.

Anyone have any other recommendations for repairers of Plasma Screens?

Thanks

Holy Cow!

They want £120+VAT to come out and do an estimate, then they willl give me a repair cost......the 120+vat doesnt come off the repair bill neither!

After trying a few others, found a local-ish repairer that will charge £39 inc VAT callout which is then deductable from repair bill....thats better...

any other suggestions?

It's funny, with all the various AV Experts and Retailers on this Forum you would have thought somebody may either know what causes this type of thing or may have seen it before and known what the cause was......

.....and may know of some tried and tested Plasma repairers....:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom