1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crackling aego P5

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jeje, May 6, 2003.

1. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hello, does anybody has got the same issue with a a crackling sound coming from the center speaker in some movies, Star wars II (scene when chasing with the speeder) or with jurassic park III etc... it seems to happen whenever there is loads of music with at the same timea dialog.
    it will happen on every level of sound, it will not comeup from the DVD (listened with headset), swapped speakers and cables.
    Anyway, contacted Hifibitz abnd they sent it for repair received a new one and .........still the same.:mad: the only I haven't done was changing my coaxcial cable.
    Anybody can help me ? :rolleyes:

2. Noodle

Noodle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I assume you mean you replaced the centre with either a front l/r or surround speaker?

If so, did you still have the problem?

3. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a aego p5 and have not noticed any crackelling the onlt problem i had was a buzzing sound from all speakers , which ae sorted by swopping the power back with a external one

sorry not much help

4. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yeah I used the left speaker with the left cable (used by that speaker) and it is still crackling.
    Do you think it might come from the subwoofer/amp ?
    I'm doubting because I have put the movie in low level from amp/sub and from the decoder but still crackling, if I put the DRC to full I will not hear it but the sound is horrible anyway.
    DRC set to half , and it is crackling again !

5. Noodle

Noodle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well it certainly isn't a problem with the speaker. I'm surprised Hifibitz swapped it!

I don't know what an Aego P5 is I'm afraid, but if it's a normal AV setup then the main suspect here would be the amp

Ben.

6. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, they were gonna send it for repair and tehy told me that they gave me a new one, the only think I can do is try to use the decoder from my dvd player plug it to the amp/sub. then I'll see if it is still crackling.
    I was gonna buy kef egg and the pioneer 2011 but the Lady put her veto on it. have to wait to buy the new house first.