Cracked Screen

martylaa

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The little one dropped my ipad 3 the other day cracking all the screen, anyone know of a good place to get it repaired?

Age won't make a difference - it was dropped, no fault of the manufacturer even if it was under warranty.
Should have been insured against accidental damage.

martylaa said:
Should of said its just past 1 year old and no warranty

You can still get a replacement from Apple, which will be a refurb model in brand new condition and with new warranty applied.

I simply would not trust getting it repaired somewhere cheap with non-Apple parts.

And, you never, know, if you go in to an Apple store, little one in tow, and explain what happened, they might just take pity on you and waive the fee for the replacement. Stranger things have happened.

I've got a scratch on mine (iPad 3). I can't see it unless I hold it into the light in a certain way.

I can live with it, it's just annoying knowing it's there TBH. How much would a replacement screen or getting the iPad replaced by a refurb be in the Apple Store does anyone know?

TIA

Mine is smashed to bits but still works just need the screen replacing, seen some websites advertising for £50.
Could claim on house insurance but excess is £100.

£50 is a fake screen replacement, done by somebody not trained by Apple. It's your choice fella.

bpsmith said:
£50 is a fake screen replacement, done by somebody not trained by Apple. It's your choice fella.

How much is from Apple via the Apple Store?

Not 100% sure as it can vary. What they give you is a refurb version in straight swap for yours. Give them a call.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom