Cracked Screen

culnara

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm New here ;)
got my PS58B850 recently from Crompton and Moore ( cracking price :D )
and unfortunately Cracked Screen too :(

I was working away from home at the time it came, so wife took delivery of it, the Delivery man was not very helpfull, all he wanted was the papers signed
Wife said I need to inspect the TV first! " He went outside and sat in His van ? " Box was too big for wife to get off herself, so she just opened the top and looked in, TV looked OK so she signed for it and that was that.
I come home 16 days later and take the Box completely off, then notice all these hairline fractures on the screen :eek:

My worry now is that Crompton and Moore will give me hassle for a replacement as it is past the 7 day deadline for returns, have phoned today but the customer service department is shut on saturdays, I have emailed them tho, and will call on monday

has anyone here experianced this kind of thing before ?? which had a happy ending ??

cheer's for any replys
worriedly waiting
Stu

Hi Guys, I'm New here ;)
got my PS58B850 recently from Crompton and Moore ( cracking price :D )
and unfortunately Cracked Screen too :(

I was working away from home at the time it came, so wife took delivery of it, the Delivery man was not very helpfull, all he wanted was the papers signed
Wife said I need to inspect the TV first! " He went outside and sat in His van ? " Box was too big for wife to get off herself, so she just opened the top and looked in, TV looked OK so she signed for it and that was that.
I come home 16 days later and take the Box completely off, then notice all these hairline fractures on the screen :eek:

My worry now is that Crompton and Moore will give me hassle for a replacement as it is past the 7 day deadline for returns, have phoned today but the customer service department is shut on saturdays, I have emailed them tho, and will call on monday

has anyone here experianced this kind of thing before ?? which had a happy ending ??

box
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/P1000121.jpg

what Wife would have saw
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/P1000122.jpg

cracks
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/P1000123.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/P1000125.jpg

P.S. have just noticed the bags for the remote and the Instructions are open ?
plus the screws for the wall brackets and fixings have paint scratched off them = not new :mad:

cheer's for any replys
worriedly waiting
Stu

Unless it was stated that it was used then they are in breach fo the consumer protection act.
IMPORTANT Under distance selling legislation you have 14 days to cancel/return anything regardless of who signed what.

Last edited:
Ok kinda sorted out
Paula at Crompton and Moore was more than helpful, initially was offered a replacement ( PS58C6500 ) which is the 2010 model for the PS58B850

had a look at the spec differences, but ended up wanting to stick to the 8 series :rolleyes:
They cannot source another one for me as they are now discontinued :(

getting a full refund instead :D only problem now is The cheapest one I can find on the internet is £1999 = £600 more than I paid for this one with a 3 yr warranty :facepalm:

if anyone can find a cheaper offer, Please Let me know ;)

Cheers
Stu.....

Cheers Ron :smashin:

still sick they didn't have a replacement tho :(

1pixelblank.gif

preference for the PS58B850 ? LoL dunno :confused: i get confused by all the different models you can get, even tho they are all similar i.e. they're all the same size But this ones better than that one because........ and so on

At the end of the day I saw my Bosses one and was blown away :eek: I like Samsung build and quality, I have already got a 40" lcd and a 37" lcd
plus I eventually won the argument with the wife that we needed a bigger TV for the new house LOL :thumbsup:

My hearts set on getting one ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom