Cracked Samsung 40' lcd screen - possible to repair?

chubsta

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to an act of stupidity on my part - ie trying to move the tv into another room whilst suffering from a bad back - my samsung lcd screen has now got a huge crack running across it. I am scared to switch it on as i dont want to blow myself up - is it possible/economical to repair this? it cost me £1800 18 months ago but similar models now seem to be about £700...

****, that's tough luck mate. :(

It should be possible to fix it. I would estimate it would cost about £300 but that really isn't very educated at all. I would probably phone around local electrical repair companies to see what they have to say.

Can you claim on your house contents insurance? I presume you dropped it? If not, it may just be a piece of glass in front of the LCD screen itself so might be easier/cheaper to repair?

i thought about home insurance as i am covered for things like tvs, but i have an excess of £100 and i dont know if things like that also lead to increased premiums (i havent claimed anything befor - not even on my car insurance!).

I figured it may be cheaper in the long term to try to get it repaired or just buy another one...

Hi, I have a very similar problem, even the same.
Does anyone know any services, that could give me a quote for new LE40R87BDX/XEV panel only?
I am not sure whether it is worth the kerfuffle.

Thank you

EDIT: In my case rather than external glass element it is the very panel inside that is cracked.

Hi, I have a very similar problem, even the same.
Does anyone know any services, that could give me a quote for new LE40R87BDX/XEV panel only?
I am not sure whether it is worth the kerfuffle.

Thank you

EDIT: In my case rather than external glass element it is the very panel inside that is cracked.

This site has the current panel prices PriceWise - DisplaySearch

Add the retailers profit on top, plus the cost of fitting it and it just isn't worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom