Crackdown - Reviews

What would you rate Crackdown?

• Total voters
Love it.

Only paid £10 for it and feel its the best tenner ive ever spent.

Will be getting back into it when i get bored or hit an impasse in GTA4.

9/10 from me.

I gave it an 8/10. Excellent game and all the comments about gameplay, collecting stuff etc. I echo 100%.

I got it as a rental and although I quickly finished the missions and completed the game, I found myself spending a quick hour distracted from the story exploring the rooftop races, collecting orbs, climbing buildings and then starting a massive gang fight with the rocket launchers.

Best way to sum it up is that it's just great fun. Unusual in a lot of games, but the fun factor is in abundance on this. Plus the fact you can pick it up and keep playing, it's one of my favourite 360 games. Pity I've just discovered it and secondly as I had to return the rental- may well take a punt on ebay for my own copy.

Gave it a 8. But thinking about it now maby I should have gave it a 9 as it was a really good fun game. :smashin:

Last edited:
I give it a 9. Only thing that let's it down for me was the story and repetative missions. Gameplay was fantastic though and I loved the driving and graphics. Then you've got some uber cool weapons and gadgets which fair enough could have been put to better use but they're still there.

I keep hearing mixed reviews about this game some people saying it is amazing, some not so. I don’t have as much time playing games as I use to, so would like a game that when I do sit down, I get that escape for a little while but not bored due to serious repetitiveness.

What do you guys say?

It does take a little while to grab you. If you only play for 1/2 hour you probably won't 'get it'.

However, if you give it a chance a get your agent leveled up a bit, it's a fantastic game.

As Codehead quite rightly said it does take some time to really get into the game as at the start your character is really rubbish. Once you've levelled up a couple of skills though you will soon get hooked I'd guess. Its not the longest game in the world to beat but if you get into finishing all the races and start looking for achievements you could lose a lot of time playing it. For what the game costs its a no brainer purchase in my opinion, might I add I played it for longer than I have GTA4 which didn't grab me.

This is the greatest sandbox game ever made.

It may not have the depth or witty script of the GTA franchise but where it counts in the fun factor, this game walks all over GTA4.

Very few games capture the feeling of power as crackdown does when your agent is powered up. Nothing stands in your way, everything not bolted down can be destroyed, anything thrown about. The game really gives the feeling of being a superhero.

Most sandbox games whilst presented in 3D are fundamentally 2D affairs where you only need concern yourself with street plans of dots on maps.

Crackdown uses the third dimension forcing you to look at the environment to find ways of scaling the buildings. Forget GPS and plotting a route, just jump over the building providing you can climb it!

Climbing the agency tower and then jumping off isn't simply two achievements. It's a defining moment of 360 gaming.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom