Crackdown: Previews and deliveries

Tried co-op, but all the other guy wanted to do was run around collecting the boost icons, so i ended up just doing the same :( one thing though i noticed alot of slowdown while playing in co-op that i had not noticed before, and i was hosting the session :(

Tried co-op, but all the other guy wanted to do was run around collecting the boost icons, so i ended up just doing the same :( one thing though i noticed alot of slowdown while playing in co-op that i had not noticed before, and i was hosting the session :(

I hosted and also joined games and there was no slow down!

OK guys I have found away to play on live with a friend. One select to host and the other custom match, now both pick a skill say driving, then pick a gang, say the voilk(or whatever)then once your mate(the host) starts the game the one trying to join goes to find match. A list of names of the people with the same seletion as you pops up and because you both do it a nearly the same time, your friend will be right there for you to join. I just played for a while with my mate and this is a smashing game, roll on 23rd Feb cant wait.:thumbsup:

top bombing, have been a gta fan for a while and this is definitely going to tide me over until the next instalment comes along.

Anyone know of the best place to pre-order? I'm hooked already.

Ok I've played the demo in full. The first thing that strikes me about the game is the graphical style, similar to jet set radio (if anyone remembers that). This is first and foremost an arcade game. The controls are simple enough, and there is some satisfaction to be had from throwing a grenade at an ememys car and seeing all of them blow up. For the first five minutes i didn't really know what to think about the game, however after going around just shooting everything, i was actually trying to improve certain skills, such as agility etc and completing the set tasks such as going for the head of certain gangs. The game does get better the more you play it, and i think multiplayer is where this game will truly shine. There is no slowdown whatsoever in this game even when there are multiple things going on at any one time. I think this is going to be one of these games that people will like or hate. If you're after an arcade style action game then this is for you. However i can't see there being too much depth to this game, even though the game centres around improving your characters various traits be it driving skill, agility etc i think this game will be very repetitive. On a brighter note i was dissapointed that the demo had a time limit, infact the demo eneded just as i was getting into the game :( From the demo i would give it a 7/10. :smashin:

To be honest I was thinking of doing the same, but thought it could get a bit tricky. I'll wait til I get in. :(
:laugh:

Mine did a fine job, except she forgot to turn the 360 off before she went to work.

I have to say I found it a bit boring and I hope you can customise the controls in the final game. The only things that are stopping me from cancelling my preorder are the price, due to vouchers, and the Halo 3 beta invite.

What price have you got it down to? Demo has been great fun, definately looks like a pre-order for me.:thumbsup:

I played this for 20 mins. Can't get into it. Kinda too cartoony and arcadey for me. Looks like GRAW 2 still being the first game I be picking up out of all the upcoming releases.

Fantastic demo, the missions were just an accident sometimes to get into, just starting booting cars, barrels etc. :thumbsup:

I really, really like this.

Really got sucked in and then the demo ended.

The graphical style is really nice too.

I like the fact that the cars look a lot like real cars (the little smart fortwo crossblade rip off is neat).

Definitely pre-ordering

Why am i still at work??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

how frigging long does this take to download? I started it at 7:20 and in 1 and a half hours it has done 7% :mad: and I have a 6 meg line :( I wanted to play this before bed, doesnt look like that will be happening! I think i'll spend the evening trying to get TVersity to work instead

Seems like it has promise. The lock on system requires work though. Kept on locking onto dead bodies.

Why am i still at work??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

ah, don't worry guns... you're not alone

im in the same boat, the other halfs watching rubbish on the box so i can't get on to play it either! although i downloaded it earlier today

ive been relegated to the laptop in the bedroom tonight! its either that or watching ugly betty!

Ive never seen a demo take as long too download i started it downloading 4hours ago on my telewest 10mb its now only upto 15% done :eek:
With the time its taking the game will be released before its downloaded at this rate !
Tbh my connection speed is very poor with them these days getting 6mb at best but even with 6mb thats slow :thumbsdow

I haven't had a chance to really try it yet, but it did download pretty quick for me. After an hour I was at 52%, then I went out for a bit when I came back it was all done :smashin:

There must be some faster download slots than others as I'm only on a 2 meg line, and it's rarely actually that fast :confused:

Like I said I haven't really played it properly, booted it up and had a quick shoot and drive around, like the look of the game, seemed smooth and controlled well. I will give it a proper go tomorrow night.

only took arund 25 mins on ntl!

only took arund 25 mins on ntl!

wow! thats quick!

i gotta 8mb Bt line and it took forever this afternoon, i guess cos every ones downloading it (presuming it works like that!!!??? more people DL'ing slower DL speeds????)

i usually wait a few days till i download demos, they seem to come down quicker a few days after release

Been playing for a few hours. 'tis fun. Personally I think i'd get bored of it quite quickly though. :(

I'm sure it will do well though.

Only took me about 60 mins. On a 2mb connection. Downloaded it around 7pm or so.

Yikes. This certainly changes my initial thoughts about this game. I'm gonna play it again to see if I can get the hang of it more, but during the game I found myself kicking the crap outta the gang members and managed to max out my strength ability. I like throwing cars about :D

If the US version on Play-Asia turns out to be region free, I can see myself picking this one up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom