CrackDown DLC Details

Hello is the free downlaod any good then?

and is the DLC that you need to purchase good?
Or will the free DLC keep me going for a while. glad the update has come cos these days i only play crackdown once a week at most as i got bit bored, this could spark it back into life.

I'm puzzled.

I downloaded the update when the game launched.

Then downloaded the Free pack which was 87mb which took 5 mins or so

Then when i download the 800 point add on it's done instantly as sayd 87mb too instead of 587mb or what ever it's meant to be?

I don't get it?

I'm puzzled.

I downloaded the update when the game launched.

Then downloaded the Free pack which was 87mb which took 5 mins or so

Then when i download the 800 point add on it's done instantly as sayd 87mb too instead of 587mb or what ever it's meant to be?

I don't get it?

It's like the the arcade games, the free pack has got everything that the bonus pack has.. but to unlock some of the stuff you have to purchase the 800pt pack.

So they are both exactly the same downloads i think..

Have downloaded this and i think it's great (full version),
I even got to complete the races (the small nippy race car is cool!!).

The most fun so far is impaling bodies to the wall with the harpoon gun and making a literal car of BODY ARMOUR.:D

Just a great addition to a great game. Hope you enjoy as much as I am :smashin:

Well done RTW

I can't believe they got rid of the gang on/off option in favour of resetting the whole game. I started again, assuming I'd be able to turn the gangs/bosses off at my convience, now if I want to have a nice quiet orb finding session, I'll have the finish the game again.

And then what? Will I be stuck with no gangs unless the reset the game again? :thumbsdow

I can't believe they got rid of the gang on/off option in favour of resetting the whole game. I started again, assuming I'd be able to turn the gangs/bosses off at my convience, now if I want to have a nice quiet orb finding session, I'll have the finish the game again.

And then what? Will I be stuck with no gangs unless the reset the game again? :thumbsdow
I wasn't impressed with this either and assumed the new gangs option would be in addition to crimes on/off.

Other than that I like it and it made me part with some MS Points.

I don't have the paid for content but joined Leeiom earlier who has payed for the extras, nice to get a chance to sample the extra content without buying it, great idea!

There's alot of fun to be had with the extra content I think, especially the harpoon gun. We did some throwing bodies and spearing them to building walls earlier, damn funny.

Not good quality as it's only my phone camera but you get the idea, he's actually pinned through the hand:D

Picture-1.jpg

Not overly impressed with the update to be honest. After having just spent 800 points on GoW and now 800 points on CD. I am beginning to feel that this is just far too much money

Apparently there is a bug in the game where if you join a co-op game then go back to single player campaigne you will loose all your progress including all your orbs. This is becuase of the new DLC

Whaaaa! I better go check, will be gutted if that's happened with mine:eek:

[EDIT]Phew, just checked, all seems fine thankfully. Plenty to do yet & I've only just started playing this one again.

There is a temp workaround like menationed above but they are working on a patch for it. I'm going to wait until it's released before i play again to be on the same side

It's like the the arcade games, the free pack has got everything that the bonus pack has.. but to unlock some of the stuff you have to purchase the 800pt pack.

So they are both exactly the same downloads i think..

I think you're right. Don't forget, if you join up with someone who has paid for the premium pack but you haven't you can use all their new gear, so the info must be in the free pack too.

I agree mate. Let's face it, most of us have finished the game. Now we've got all this new hardware but no one to use it on :( To be honest, I thought they may add another gang (
The peacemakers maybe
) but no, it was not to be.

How do I turn all the criminals back on? I finished this game but I thought this download would allow me to turn all the enemies back on?
Am I missing something or being very dumb?

Well good luck mate and may the force be with you :)

OK, I've spent a fair chunk of today "orb hunting"!! I'm now down to one green orb left (typical!) and about 20 blueys left.

Funnily enough, only one of the green orbs I gained via the new louder sound. That was on top of the big sphere like object in Shai-Gen...after that, I could see two more orbs that I completely missed from the top of the sphere!

The increased volume really helps for the hidden orbs though. You will have passed many on your travels, but the buggers are hidden high up behind signs or in cubby holes. Strangely though, with the increased range, it's often harder to find them! When you're close, you think you're really close...but you'll be two floors away from it...it's no biggie, obviously it's not a complaint.

EDIT: Last Aglity Orb now found. 50 more points for me...oh yes! :)

Anyone here got the content mind me joining them in co-op to test the new stuff out before I buy.

Only thing I am interested in is the Minigun but dont want to spend 800 points just to find out I dont like it.

Anyone here got the content mind me joining them in co-op to test the new stuff out before I buy.

Only thing I am interested in is the Minigun but dont want to spend 800 points just to find out I dont like it.

I tried to join a co-op game with my friend today, he had the downloaded content and I didnt. The game told me I couldnt join him unless I downloaded the same content :rolleyes:

Did you get the free pack? I think that should be enough to make co-op work.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom