Crack in Samsung LCD screen

kingkdz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Samsung LE32R87BDX 32" LCD TV- just 3 months old. The screen accidently got hit and cracked from inside. Switched off, the TV looks absolutely fine. But when I switch it on, all I can see now is a crack and lots of vertical lines. I have normal warranty and no insurance. It is hard to believe that the entire investment is worth nothing now. Is there any possible solution?

Regards
Kingkdz

as long as the op has accidental damage cover , if he hasnt then i have known ppl who have added it to their policy , waited a month and then claimed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes there is a solution. There is a company that has offered a 32" screen for 100quid, its used but will be ok.

let me know if ur interested.

Ben

How did you accidently hit the tv?

If you've got no insurance theres sod all you can do other than pay for a new screen. But for £100 like ben is offering, its not going to be a Samsung S-PVA for sure. How could you crack it? How could you? :confused:

as long as the op has accidental damage cover , if he hasnt then i have known ppl who have added it to their policy , waited a month and then claimed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Heard it before, and worked. Don't know if you're that untrustworthy though - and more than a month is recommended I would guess.

Okay guys, I am still confused on what to do and the thread seems to have gone out of focus. So this post is just to give this thread a new lease of life :). I was expecting some PMs to provide solutions, but that didn't happen.

How much will I get if I sell it on ebay? It is a brand new TV, and everything is perfect apart from the screen. Can't believe that all other parts are worth nothing!

I was thinking- is there a chance that the LCD can crack without an accident? The sort of crack that looks like a smashed window. My point is- can such a thing happen on its own- because in that case the retailer would/should replace the TV.

Okay guys, I am still confused on what to do and the thread seems to have gone out of focus. So this post is just to give this thread a new lease of life :). I was expecting some PMs to provide solutions, but that didn't happen.

How much will I get if I sell it on ebay? It is a brand new TV, and everything is perfect apart from the screen. Can't believe that all other parts are worth nothing!

I was thinking- is there a chance that the LCD can crack without an accident? The sort of crack that looks like a smashed window. My point is- can such a thing happen on its own- because in that case the retailer would/should replace the TV.

You're likely to be told by the manufacturer that their screens are tested extensively to ensure that accidental cracking of the screen is not possible except by trauma, i.e., dropping it or hitting it with something. However, surely given the cost involved it is worth getting in touch with the retailer/manufacturer playing dumb and see what happens. They might just be worried enough that there is a manufacturing fault that they will take a look at it.

i will give you £20 for it

so basicly your up a creek with out a paddle only option you would of had was an insurance claim but you have no insurance so next option is to pay for a repair oor take the loss and stick it on ebay.... btw what was you expecting to receive pm's for?

Curly

so basicly your up a creek with out a paddle only option you would of had was an insurance claim but you have no insurance so next option is to pay for a repair oor take the loss and stick it on ebay.... btw what was you expecting to receive pm's for?

Curly

I was expecting to receive PMs on why the US should or shouldnot stay in Iraq! Or perhaps some solutions to the mess I am in, which perhaps can't be posted in a public folder. Going through some such threads on the same folder, I learnt that other people did get some 'innovative' solutions in their inboxes. But since I don't have access to their inboxes, I was just requesting those to be posted to my inbox. Any such act would be greatly appreciated! :lease:

I was expecting to receive PMs on why the US should or shouldnot stay in Iraq! Or perhaps some solutions to the mess I am in, which perhaps can't be posted in a public folder. Going through some such threads on the same folder, I learnt that other people did get some 'innovative' solutions in their inboxes. But since I don't have access to their inboxes, I was just requesting those to be posted to my inbox. Any such act would be greatly appreciated! :lease:

Have you actually tried calling the retailer or manufacturer - HINT! I'm sure I don't need to spell it out for you :devil:

The problem is that like CRTs, the LCD screen is by far the most expensive part of the set and anyone who buys it would either have to replace the screen or just buy it for the parts.

For someone who has seen broken screens (I've seen loads, thanks to various couriers), it's reasonably easy to tell if it's caused by impact damage.

As you seem to "know" what "solutions" other have received by pm why do you need people to pm them to you, why can't such "solutions" be posted on an open forum or are they not legal.

Curly

WOAH, bit shirty aren't ya!

Listen mate, you're $#!@ed! If you've got no insurance, you're gonna have to pay out, either via repair which will cost you the same as buying a new TV practically because the screen panels cost so much or selling it on ebay for a massive loss, lets face it the TV is screwed and its just spare parts, the case, the speakers, the pcb, not much else is worth anything now the screen is broke.

Just try not to get sarcastic with other users, especially mod's. It doesn't help anyone. I guess you'll learn to be more careful in future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom