1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR 9000 Remote and Alpha 10 with DAVE

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by angrex55, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. angrex55

    angrex55
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Alpha 10 has no response whatsoever to the CR 9000 remote but I can control my DV 88, Hitachi TV and Scientific Atlanta box so the remote must work. At the suggestion of Arcam, I have set the system code on the Alpha to 16 but still nothing works. Any ideas?
     
  2. pinkmouse

    pinkmouse
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found that unplugging my Arcam from the mains completely, and leaving it powered down for 15 minutes helped.
     
  3. angrex55

    angrex55
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. It turns out that the IR sensor was turned off! You can access these "service menus" by holding down "mode" and pressing "control" Rotating the volume control then scrolls through the menus.
     
  4. pinkmouse

    pinkmouse
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh, It's just a shame my Alpha 10 is having a hissy fit, and won't recognise the Dave board. Time to find the schematic and get the hammer out! ;)
     
  5. steeled

    steeled
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2002
    Messages:
    484
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Maidenhead
    Ratings:
    +53
    On rare occaisions mine would do that. Pull the mains lead out of the back and wait for 30 seconds. Plug back in and see how it goes.

    Hope that helps
     
  6. pinkmouse

    pinkmouse
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, it's locked up completely, no display, remote or anything other than stereo mode. It's probably just a loose connector from the Dave module or similar, but I have to find the time to sort it out properly. Thanks for the thought though.
     

Share This Page

Loading...