CPU fan

jenic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just built myself a PC but the CPU fan remains on all the time, on my previous shop-bought PC's they only switched on when they were required, please could someone advise me on how to enable this sort of function.

Also, i have a quiet CPU fan which i was wrongly sold because they failed to notice that i got one free with the CPU (which was OEM hence the thinking no fan included). I can return the fan for a refund but i want to know if it would be worth fitting. It also has a manual control option, would it be wise to use this as i may set it too low and the CPU might burnout.

Thanks

ipod crazy said:
I have just built myself a PC but the CPU fan remains on all the time, on my previous shop-bought PC's they only switched on when they were required, please could someone advise me on how to enable this sort of function.

Also, i have a quiet CPU fan which i was wrongly sold because they failed to notice that i got one free with the CPU (which was OEM hence the thinking no fan included). I can return the fan for a refund but i want to know if it would be worth fitting. It also has a manual control option, would it be wise to use this as i may set it too low and the CPU might burnout.

Thanks

Hmmm. CPU fan on all the time? I should hope so would be very worried if that stopped. OK then what is the CPU AMD or Intel? Most Motherboards can monitor the CPU temp now and alter the CPU fan speed on the fly, also the Athlon64 's have cool & quiet technology which also does the same thing only a little smarter, some of the included CPU fans can be noisy, so best getting a Zalman or Thermaltake Heatsink and fan.

How about you tell us what CPU and motherboard you're using.........

Maybe you ment you could turn your CPU fan down? There are pletly of quiet and eveb silent CPU coolers, it all depends on your CPU and Motherbaord (as the different models can have different mounting holes)

I meant turn it down so it is quiet, i have a amd 64 3000+ venice chip, i will try adding a quiet fan rather than the free one supplied.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom