CPU Fan problem

Tom3316

hello i wondered if any one can help i have a msi motherboard and a intel E6600 the motherboard came with a program called duel core centre and within this program it tells you the cpu fans rpm well mine says it is spining at about 500 rpm and is set on fastes but still sounds a alarm and is coloured in red i have no idea what it should spin at so i was wondering if i have a problem just wondering if any one can help me

thanks Tom

Tom3316

just checked speed fan and the reading it gives me is about 1000 RPM which seems more normal, maybe it is a problem with the MSI Software my temps dont seem too high roughly about 40 degrees.

thanks for your help:thumbsup:

Paul Shirley

Its worth checking for updated software or BIOS, a depressing number of the fixes for my MSI boards were to correct the temperature or fan speed reports.

MANTIOCH

Standard Member
I had a terrible fan problem on my PC
which was resolved by a simple BIOS upgrade
via manufactures website,as Paul suggests.
Hope this helps.:smashin:

Tom3316

Thanks for your help i think there is an update for my board will have a look when i get back see if it fixes the problem.

will post back with what happens.

thanks

Tom3316

well i just updated the bios for some reason the computer seems quieter but its still saying about 500 RPM

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom