CP-RS55 is it worth it?

A

adamwwe

yep another couple of questions about the cheap projector.

we are insterested mainly cause its is really cheap.
we are not looking for outstanding quality, older 4:3 tvs quality is enough.

how long will this last before we get a bad picture seeing as though thre is only a 2000 hour life?

can we hook up sky tv to the projector, if so how do we do it?

we dont wantt o spend any more money for a different projectror so if this isnt worth it then we will jst get a cheap tv :)

thanks

Yuor better off with a second hand proper home cinema projector to be honest, the 400:1 contrast ratio was pants for 5 years ago, things have moved on a lot since then.

The picture will dim over time as the bulb ages, but it won't effect the picture quality it'll just be less bright. 2000 hours is equal to 1000 x 2 hour films, and at say 2 every night that would still take 2 years or so before the bulb would be due for replacement (although it could pop earlier).

Also you can't really use projectors with direct sunlight so unless you have black out blinds ect.. you'd be better off with a tv.

Hooking sky up is usualy pretty easy, some models have a scart socket, but pretty much any projector will take in composite or s-video, which is actualy the cables inside a scart socket, they just stuck in a nice package. A scart adapter that would give you these will work just great.

ah ok, is there anywhere else besides ebay tht i can get a second hand projector?

ive got a CP-RS56 (or 55 not sure) and its pretty decent, especially with xbox 360 through vga, like you say they are cheap and i can get original new replacement bulbs for £80.

ive got a CP-RS56 (or 55 not sure) and its pretty decent, especially with xbox 360 through vga, like you say they are cheap and i can get original new replacement bulbs for £80.

yeah there is a 56 aswell. i have heard that on paper that they should be rubbish but the results are pretty good.

ps. where you get the bulbs from?

obviously its not as good as a more expensive model but for 8 feet 360 games and movies i love it, and everyone who's seen it is impressed. The colours are vivid even in lamp save mode and there are a lot of menu options to tweak to get em how you like them. Its also pretty quite, a lot quieter than the 360!

i get the bulbs through works electrical supplies catalogue, not sure who it is ill try find one and post their details.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom