• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Coving in rooms

p1tse

Prominent Member
Can't say I'm a fan, current house has plain curved type but new house we're looking at the downstairs in all rooms have pattern coving, even worst in my eyes!

I assume removing these will be a pig, due to the bonding agent on plaster board walls and ceilings will leave a mess.

Anyone replaced coving in rooms before or even removed them altogether?

Showoff

Distinguished Member
We've ripped some coving down as part of the latest build project and if yours is like ours it's fairly easy to rip off, but was obviously put on before the artex on the ceiling as there was none behind it, so would mean a compleat re-skim of the ceiling to look good, which we plan to do anyway.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Virtually impossible to say. You might rip one piece off which leads to the Bonding plaster falling off the entire wall or another piece will just pry off, a quick scrape and a quick fill and it's perfect.

In my experience its best to expect the worst as nine times out of ten they often are.

p1tse

Prominent Member
So worst case would be re skim ceilings, and is its for all rooms sounds expensive

Need to prioritise what we want to do first I feel

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Take one room at a time. Start upstairs and work down.

Make sure your Plumbing and electrics are OK first though.

p1tse

Prominent Member
Thanks
Well the frilly coving is only downstairs lol

John

Don't knock coving, comes in handy for hiding the cables for the rear speakers :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom