Covid vaccine stickers come to dating apps in UK

jurassicmark

UK online daters will be able to choose to display a badge on their profiles to show if they have been vaccinated against Covid or support the jab drive.

However there will be no way of verifying whether those displaying the badge have genuinely had the vaccine.

Tinder, Match, Hinge, Bumble, Badoo, Plenty of Fish, OurTime and Muzmatch have all signed up to the scheme, in partnership with the UK government.

I'm not sure how much use this will be as the vaccine badge is not verified and in my experience, dating profiles are often not particularly accurate. If someone feels that not having the vaccine will reduce their chances of getting a date then there's nothing stopping them from lying about having the jabs. They may get found out later but that hasn't stopped people lying on their dating profiles before.

A recent YouGov poll of nearly 5,000 UK adults found that only 28% of those who responded said they would not date someone unvaccinated, with 2% saying they would not date someone who had received the jab.

I found the above interesting as I think the 28% figure is low. I wouldn't date anyone who had not had the vaccine for the same reason that I wouldn't date anyone else whose beliefs or actions I fundamentally disagreed with. I wouldn't date a religious person, a conspiracy theorist or an anti-vaxxer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom