Covid Tests & Return to UK Query (Amber)

If this is still in force mid January when we return from St Lucia (assuming nothing stops us going!), I will make sure we take the samples the minute we walk through the door first thing in the morning, then put them in the post. On previous experience we will have the results by the end of the next day. So only two days shut in the house, and after a night flight I spend most of Day 1 asleep and most of Day 2 loading and reloading the washing machine!
My experience is also that results come through at the end of the day after sending them the previous day. So it should usually be no more than two days at home.

You can also get tests which take a few hours...though you do pay a premium for this service.

I've read in two different newspapers today that you need to do a test ON DAY 2 and self isolate until you get the negative result.

I checked the government website and it clearly says BEFORE THE END OF DAY 2.

It's imperative that the newspapers print the correct information, otherwise some people might think that they will have to wait 3 or 4 days after they return from holiday before they can go back to work or return to normal life. This could result in them cancelling holidays when they don't need to.

If this is still in force mid January when we return from St Lucia (assuming nothing stops us going!), I will make sure we take the samples the minute we walk through the door first thing in the morning, then put them in the post. On previous experience we will have the results by the end of the next day. So only two days shut in the house, and after a night flight I spend most of Day 1 asleep and most of Day 2 loading and reloading the washing machine!

I intend to do something similar. We'll be returning in to Heathrow the afternoon of the 28th Dec. We'll leave the tests in the car whislt away and do them as soon as we get back to it and make a diversion on the way home to drop off in person at the testing company. Hopefully will have the results later that day or the next morning.

I see that the D Mail is doing another shock horror story quoting returning passengers saying that they were not asked by border control if they had ordered a PCR test. I don't know how many times it has to be explained but the Mail yet again doesn't bother to point out that it is the responsibility of airline staff at check-in at the departing airport to check that passengers have completed a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) which has to include the test kit reference number to confirm that they have purchased a test. So those complaining passengers seem to have ignored the fact that at check-in the document was seen and it doesn't need to be seen again at the UK end. I've seen people removed from check-in because they couldn't produce documents. And to those who say you can make up any old reference number for the PLF. No you can't - because it gets rejected (I've tested that).

Am I correct in assuming that, if the rules are still the same when I go away in January, but whilst I'm away the Day 2 test is changed back to lateral flow, I can still use the PCR that I will have ordered by then?

Am I correct in assuming that, if the rules are still the same when I go away in January, but whilst I'm away the Day 2 test is changed back to lateral flow, I can still use the PCR that I will have ordered by then?
Yes. Assuming of course they don't cock up the PLF and the reference number is accepted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom