Covid Passports Be Trialed In UK

mark occy

Established Member
Reaction score
Boris Johnson is poised to announce some Easter Monday good news, with home and away lockdown-easing moves as part of his COVID roadmap to freedom.
At home, he is launching nine "vaccine passport" pilots from mid-April, including three football showpieces at Wembley, and four night-time entertainment trials in Liverpool.

And away, he is preparing for foreign holidays to go ahead this summer, with a "traffic light" system of rules in which travel to "green light" destinations will not require quarantine.

The Wembley pilots will be the Leicester City/Southampton FA Cup semi-final on 18 April, the Carabao Cup Final between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur on 25 April, and the FA Cup Final on 15 May.

The Liverpool trials will be at the Hot Water Comedy Club on 16 April, the Luna Cinema from 23-25 April, a business event at the ACC conference centre on 28 April, and the Circus Nightclub from 30 April to 1 May.

The other trials are the World Snooker Championship at Sheffield's Crucible Theatre from 17 April - 3 May, and a mass participation run at Hatfield House, Hertfordshire, 24-25 April.

I think the trials will be good idea. It’s unfair the 17th April FA cup semi final date isn’t been trialed as well.

We can’t really determine until all stadiums and theatres are full.

I’ve just been reading this except the BBC version.

I want to attend the Wold Snooker championship as I’m a big snooker fan, I had tickets for last year but obviously it was postponed from April.

My age group though still isn’t eligible for a covid vaccination, what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just been reading this except the BBV version.

I want to attend the Wold Snooker championship as I’m a big snooker fan, I had tickets for last year but obviously it was postponed from April.

giphy-11.gif

I’ve just been reading this except the BBC version.

Hopefully they'll look to bring in a two tier system where the vaccinated will be able to be seated together in an area with less social distancing and no masks and the unvaccinated 2m apart and masked.

Hopefully they'll look to bring in a two tier system where the vaccinated will be able to be seated together in an area with less social distancing and no masks and the unvaccinated 2m apart and masked.
So I’d be in the 2nd tier because of my age and no pre existing health problems or being a carer.

Good. Much needed and the sooner the better. Rather not have people mixing or attending things then a month later to attend you need a passport.. something horse and stable door.

Now i'll just have to wait for my vaccine in a few months time as I had Covid last year so fall outside that '6 month positive period' :laugh:

So I’d be in the 2nd tier because of my age and no pre existing health problems or being a carer.

It's only 1000 a day at the snooker - how many can it normally seat?

Also - it could be vaccination or recent negative test that lets you in. All should be confirmed tomorrow.

Gove has an article in the Telegraph this morning inviting comments.

I can only hope he takes heed of the comments and cancels this nonsense before chucking countless more millions of taxpayer cash down the drain.

I keep wanting to prefix the thread title with "Arr!" :blush:

Gove has an article in the Telegraph this morning inviting comments.

I can only hope he takes heed of the comments and cancels this nonsense before chucking countless more millions of taxpayer cash down the drain.
Is that the one titled "we need to discuss this" or some such and filled with a load of patronising talking-down-to-the-plebs and inaccurate glossings over?

Completely unrelated, does anyone know where I can get a cricket bat engraved with "a certificate is not a passport"?

Last edited:
Believe I saw something about having a recent negative covid 19 test would also be put on the app to allow entry into events .question is how recent ?

Believe I saw something about having a recent negative covid 19 test would also be put on the app to allow entry into events .question is how recent ?
I was wondering the same thing earlier. They need to make it clear how recent.

I was wondering the same thing earlier. They need to make it clear how recent.
I'm also hoping for clarification on this as we are ( hopefully ) going to the Open at Sandwich this year. My mates son (29) I expect will not be vaccinated so hope a recent negative result will be OK.

I'm also hoping for clarification on this as we are ( hopefully ) going to the Open at Sandwich this year. My mates son (29) I expect will not be vaccinated so hope a recent negative result will be OK.
Good luck! I hope it pans out. Do you get tickets in advance or how does that work?

I feel like I shouldn’t be annoyed as the fact we’re in a global pandemic is the most important thing but everything is relative to the individual as well. I’ve had my snooker tickets since May 2019, bought them when they went on sale for the 2020 tournament and still might not be able to use them now.

I think being annoyed at trivial things plus still recognising the tremendous loss of life we’ve suffered don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Good luck! I hope it pans out. Do you get tickets in advance or how does that work?

I feel like I shouldn’t be annoyed as the fact we’re in a global pandemic is the most important thing but everything is relative to the individual as well. I’ve had my snooker tickets since May 2019, bought them when they went on sale for the 2020 tournament and still might not be able to use them now.

I think being annoyed at trivial things plus still recognising the tremendous loss of life we’ve suffered don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
Our tickets have rolled over from the 2020 cancilarion of the event . Lucky for us they kept Royal St Georges in the rotation for this year as the R&A want the 150th Open to be played at St Andrews.

It does not annoy myself but will be a lil peeved if we can't attend as only comes down south once in a blue moon.

Our tickets have rolled over from the 2020 cancilarion of the event . Lucky for us they kept Royal St Georges in the rotation for this year as the R&A want the 150th Open to be played at St Andrews.

It does not annoy myself but will be a lil peeved if we can't attend as only comes down south once in a blue moon.
I understand, I hope you can attend. It is almost the finer details that can be the most annoying. I would have been right at the front and in the corner of the black pocket on table1 for both sessions of Judd Trump last year, now might not be able to go at all.

I understand, I hope you can attend. It is almost the finer details that can be the most annoying. I would have been right at the front and in the corner of the black pocket on table1 for both sessions of Judd Trump last year, now might not be able to go at all.
We will have to wait on the finer points of its implementation rather than jumping the gun. Although do I trust the government to get it right , fudge knows.

We will have to wait on the finer points of its implementation rather than jumping the gun. Although do I trust the government to get it right , fudge knows.
I think there’s so many variables that will raise other questions however it’s implemented rather them than me!

I think there’s so many variables that will raise other questions however it’s implemented rather them than me!
Believe they are closely monitoring the Israel and Denmark app model on this front .

BREAKING: Michael Gove is set to meet with the Tony Blair institute to discuss vaccine passports via the telegraph

Gordon Brown asked for mass mobilisation of testing. Now Blair is going to be consulted on about possible vaccine passports. When they were in government both practiced for pandemics.

It appears that even with vaccine passports it will be necessary to get up to four COVID tests to travel anywhere. This is going to be prohibitively expensive. Where someone has an essential trip to make it’s just adding to the financial and bureaucratic hoops to jump through.

Gove and Blair together? I always thought people were nuts talking about us being in the end times but this unholy alliance makes me think maybe it's me that was wrong :eek:

It appears that even with vaccine passports it will be necessary to get up to four COVID tests to travel anywhere. This is going to be prohibitively expensive. Where someone has an essential trip to make it’s just adding to the financial and bureaucratic hoops to jump through.
Vaccination passports for international travel have little to do with UK government and the traffic light system means nowt if the country you wish to travel to requires proof of vaccination to be allowed in . On the flip side I'd much prefer proof of vaccination on coming into the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom