Covid 19.Who’s had it?.

yes i had told the doc straight away.
111 got me into a covid friendly out of hours service which took a specimen and the tests came back from lab monday saying no infection but lots of blood.

I have a history of not drinking enough fluids and we are pretty sure i have passed stones before.

The fact the pain and blood came on suddenly seems to suggest that fact.

I seem to only get blood first thing in the morning (and its fresh) and then clears through the day when drinking lots. And i also have a bit of stinging pain “on the end” in that region points to trauma down there rather than anything suspicious.

Will get it all checked out though.

Best of luck , mate - hopefully it's just a recurrence of what you've experienced previously - maybe try to get into the habit of drinking 2-3 pints of fluids per day [ the daily recommendation is higher ] - I had a kidney removed aged just 13 - my father in law had a stone removed from his kidney which left us with similar scars [ though his was a lot neater ] - ever since then I made sure I drank enough fluids .

p.s. On the 12th day of Covid my wife finally tested negative [ I didn't bother testing ] - bit of cough + fatigue remains - other than that fine .

Last edited:
I've managed to dodge COVID until recently. I never caught it when those close to me ended up getting it over the Christmas period with the delta variant being seemingly everywhere and my other half getting it and testing positive for 10 days, then last week her son tested positive. We've kept out of each others way, but I felt like I had a cold coming on on Tuesday and tested negative. Woke up next day feeling even more cold-like and tested positive (Wednesday). Was like a head and chest cold with a slight cough and got a bit worse over the weekend, feeling a little more flu-like. I'm already feeling better now, but lost my sense of taste and smell since Saturday afternoon and back to feeling like I've got a mild cold, where I don't feel too bad, but can tell I'm not 100%. I last tested on Saturday and was still positive, albeit a very faint line compared to before.

I managed to avoid COVID until this week. Made the mistake of going to a beer festival on Saturday in what is now the UK hotspot of Cambridgeshire. Shared porta-loo of course for hundreds of different people. I understand you excrete COVID out your rear end too, so maybe it gets spread via all the foul gas in communal loos like that?! 💩

By Wednesday morning I had a scratchy throat and tested at lunchtime - it was the faintest of faint lines, so much so that you could only see something under a very bright lightbulb. However as the afternoon went on the headaches started so I tested again at 6pm and the test went straight to full red line within 2 minutes. Had to start isolating upstairs to avoid giving it to the OH.

Thursday I did some work from home, but in the afternoon was really quite lethargic, dizzy and foggy headed and spent most of the time lying down. Got a few aches as well.

This morning however I felt much better with much more energy and a clear head. Still have the phlegmy cough but nothing else really.

I am fully vaccinated with a fourth dose due to medication, but even that was quite some time ago now. So hopefully it has done its job of stopping the virus taking hold.

PS. OH has escaped so far - I am staying in two rooms upstairs and disinfecting the bathroom every time I use it. Get my food delivered to outside the study door! Not popular for wrecking this weekends plans. Have a little routine of Whisky before sleep to kill as many of the bugs in my throat as possible and smothering myself in Vicks 🤢

Last edited:
Me caught it at Glastonbury! :rolleyes:

I’ve had hiccups for two days now for no obvious reason and felt quite poorly last night. Is this the beginning of the end? It would be a bit embarrassing to die from hiccups.

Not heard of it before but Google assures me they are an atypical but real symptom of Covid if they last over 48hrs :eek:

Sigh. I might have caught the thing down the shops. I didn’t want to go to the shops, but some items were missing from my food delivery, so I had to go.

That's me just tested negative on day 10.

I'm very up and down with how I feel and my energy levels though. I also have a very wet cough as it's really sunk into my chest.

I tested negative six days after being positive and am left with a bunged up nose, chesty cough and low energy at the moment.

I had it last week too. Over two fooking years of avoiding it.
Tested negative a week last Sunday but then positive a few days later, negative on Sunday just gone. Just felt like a cold, nothing too bad thankfully although I have managed to give it to at least two family members, so that’s nice. 😯

It seems many of us who have avoided it this whole time have finally succumbed to this new variant. It does appear to be relentlessly contagious, and no doubt waning immunity leaves the door quite a ways open.

According to the NHS App I am now free to go about my business, but TBH I’m not so sure. Brain fog and waves of tiredness appeared again today which I hadn’t had since Thursday last week. Mucus cough started again this evening.

OH wants me to isolate another day and if I gave it to her now after all this effort it would be more than annoying so am going to obey. Will test later tomorrow but don’t know what I’ll do if it is still positive.

Tested negative today, I hadn't tested since Sunday so I don't know exactly when I became negative. My experience was just like having a cold with a bit of coughing. My wife had a sore throat and laryngitis thrown in too. The worse thing was that we caught it on a cruise and they treat you like a leper if that happens. If we'd been at home we'd have had no problem with having covid.

Wife's just tested positive. Her throat hurts and she feels a bit achy. We've avoided it up to now. Got it from her employer.

A friend of mine tested positive recently. Well, he did on the FlowFlex one - but not on the standard "NHS" embossed one (white box with top blue border).

That's concerning, particularly as all I have are the NHS ones.

That's what we always got from them.

I had it last week too. Over two fooking years of avoiding it.
Tested negative a week last Sunday but then positive a few days later, negative on Sunday just gone. Just felt like a cold, nothing too bad thankfully although I have managed to give it to at least two family members, so that’s nice. 😯
Seems to be a common experience . Friends girlfriend's father was ill with a heart problem, recovered, and a month later caught covid and died 2 days later. Neighbour had avoided it for 27 months and now has it. School friend caught it after 2 years like you of avoiding it.

Everytime i start to plan and arrange to return to normal, the damn thing turns up again in large enough numbers to be worrying . Doctor says avoid it and to phone her if I get it . But she's never available , and if I hadn't stocked upon lateral tests I probably would have no way of knowing I had it early enough to take the anti-viral pills ...

My wife tested positive last Friday for the first time , she’s been really ill with it. I have now just tested positive for it again which I could of guessed I would do. I had it last October.

My sister went away for a week to friends and returned home on Sunday evening with a bit of a sore throat, confirmed Monday morning as Covid so now its a waiting game to see whether either of my parents also catch it (my Dad is 71 and my Mum 69 so I am a bit concerned how it might affect them) after having dodged it for the last 28 months.

My sister went away for a week to friends and returned home on Sunday evening with a bit of a sore throat, confirmed Monday morning as Covid so now its a waiting game to see whether either of my parents also catch it (my Dad is 71 and my Mum 69 so I am a bit concerned how it might affect them) after having dodged it for the last 28 months.
I've had a sore throat for a few days, plus not feeling to bright.

I took a test yesterday which came back negative, I have to report my tests to NHS, it took me 25 minutes on the phone explaining why I'd taken the test, why I had to report it etc. Plus I wanted the non throat test kits, which after a while the guy agreed to and they're sending them.

I've got another two to go, just hoping it goes easier for these and they still show negative.

I've had a sore throat for a few days, plus not feeling to bright.

I took a test yesterday which came back negative, I have to report my tests to NHS, it took me 25 minutes on the phone explaining why I'd taken the test, why I had to report it etc. Plus I wanted the non throat test kits, which after a while the guy agreed to and they're sending them.

I've got another two to go, just hoping it goes easier for these and they still show negative.
Both my parents are still symptom free but my sister is having a rough time of it but she said yesterday she started to feel a bit better.

There are certainly a lot more bugs around though as about half the people at work have something causing sore throats, headaches and chesty coughs even I had something a couple of weeks ago which changed my sense of taste and caused the glands in my neck to swell up but that only lasted about 5 days.

I wish your parents all the best, and hope they stay symptom free, I like your parents have managed to dodge it so far.

I was worried as I carry vulnerable people, plus I'm vulnerable and thought it better safe than sorry.

Second test was negative and I made an account with NHS and sent the result that way. A lot less agro. Only one more to go.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom