Covid 19.Who’s had it?.

Skyehammer

Yeah, I know how you feel. I wasn't too worried about it, but couldn't afford to get it and give it to my girlfriend. Once she had it I was as well getting it, and I'm glad I did. As you say, it's good to be able to get on with things without worrying about catching it now!

Had my second negative LFT today, on day 12. Still a bit rough feeling though.
Think we're on Day 7 or Day 6 [ I tested positive on Thursday 16th June ] - my Daughter , a Nurse says you don't count the actual day you test positive but hey -
There's 3 of us in our household - our boy has lost his sense of taste but it's slowly returning , he's quite lively today - my wife has more of a cough than me even though I'm asthmatic but she's doing DIY today while I watch telly and need to take paracetamol . :)
My temp is 37.5 [ it was 38.5 on Friday just gone ] - I'd say there's no aches or pains just fatigue when I try to do something - my sleep has also been affected like my brain is buzzing / racing even though I feel exhausted .
Our Daughter still tested positive today [ 10 days ] though the line was feint .
I'm unsure on the rules these days - when are you allowed back in the shops , after testing negative I'd presume ? I'm hearing that some folk are asked to go to work with Covid now , I find that a bit unreal .

Graham27

Think we're on Day 7 or Day 6 [ I tested positive on Thursday 16th June ] - my Daughter , a Nurse says you don't count the actual day you test positive but hey -
There's 3 of us in our household - our boy has lost his sense of taste but it's slowly returning , he's quite lively today - my wife has more of a cough than me even though I'm asthmatic but she's doing DIY today while I watch telly and need to take paracetamol . :)
My temp is 37.5 [ it was 38.5 on Friday just gone ] - I'd say there's no aches or pains just fatigue when I try to do something - my sleep has also been affected like my brain is buzzing / racing even though I feel exhausted .
Our Daughter still tested positive today [ 10 days ] though the line was feint .
I'm unsure on the rules these days - when are you allowed back in the shops , after testing negative I'd presume ? I'm hearing that some folk are asked to go to work with Covid now , I find that a bit unreal .
I’m in Jersey, so we have different rules. Your daughter is correct about the UK though.

We don’t have a day 0 here, so PCR test is day 1. If we register a LFT test on the government website that can also count as day 1. Doesn’t matter what time of day your test is, the end of that day is one day completed. We’re free here after day 10, regardless of test results. Or, as with the UK, two consecutive negative daily tests from day 5.

notroubleclubber

Finally some good news-
Did 2 lfts this morning and 1 was def negative and another not sure if really faint or faulty.

Ive just done another one and its def negative. I am on day 8.
Covid wise i feel a lot better- got myself shaved and showered. A bit out of breath and tired but overall 90% better. Even got dressed and been downstairs today so no bed.

Complications wise (passing blood) has also been alot better. Still stings a bit when i go but cant see blood being passed thankfully.
Had a bit of a bleed first thing this morning but thats it. Now settled down. Been drinking loads. Im thinking i may have damaged “down there” by passing a stone or something.

Skyehammer

Complications wise (passing blood) has also been alot better. Still stings a bit when i go but cant see blood being passed thankfully.
Had a bit of a bleed first thing this morning but thats it. Now settled down. Been drinking loads. Im thinking i may have damaged “down there” by passing a stone or something.
On the 2nd or third day of testing positive I had problems peeing , painful in the urethra region , lasted for 3- 4 days - on the 3rd day I phoned my GP thinking she might give me some antibiotics but as it happens we had one of those test kits whereby you can dip these sticks in pee and they change colour according to whether you have a problem or not - mine remained unchanged so the GP just said to keep an eye on things - I took a couple of Ibuprofen [ which they don't recommend for Covid ] but they seemed to help , the pain disappeared 2 days after taking them .
If you're passing blood I'd tell the Doctor asap - could be anything , hopefully nothing BUT please tell your Doctor .

notroubleclubber

yes i had told the doc straight away.
111 got me into a covid friendly out of hours service which took a specimen and the tests came back from lab monday saying no infection but lots of blood.
Im booked to see doc again on monday (hes on holiday from thursday) but he said he has done all the forms to get me into hospital for test so as long as im covid clear (which im testing negative now) then he can see first thing monday morning.

Im pretty sure i have damaged something “on the end” so to speak.
I have a history of not drinking enough fluids and we are pretty sure i have passed stones before.

The fact the pain and blood came on suddenly seems to suggest that fact.

I seem to only get blood first thing in the morning (and its fresh) and then clears through the day when drinking lots. And i also have a bit of stinging pain “on the end” in that region points to trauma down there rather than anything suspicious.

Will get it all checked out though.

Lola Baron

We're on a cruise ship. My wife woke up this morning with a very croaky voice. Saw the doctor, covid test positive! She has been moved to an isolation cabin for 6 days. I am negative but I have to retest in 3 days time.

Typical, we both avoid it for 2.5 years then it gets to us in the middle of our holiday!

Maeght

Distinguished Member
We're on a cruise ship. My wife woke up this morning with a very croaky voice. Saw the doctor, covid test positive! She has been moved to an isolation cabin for 6 days. I am negative but I have to retest in 3 days time.

Typical, we both avoid it for 2.5 years then it gets to us in the middle of our holiday!
Cruises are high risk I would have thought though.

Maeght

Distinguished Member
It would appear so. But I'm of the opinion that, as covid is going to be with us for ever, we shouldn't stop doing the things we enjoy just in case we catch it.
No, sure. It was just the 'thing' about avoiding it for 2.5 then getting it in the middle of your holiday when the holiday is a risky type :)

locallondoner

It would appear so. But I'm of the opinion that, as covid is going to be with us for ever, we shouldn't stop doing the things we enjoy just in case we catch it.
I think we have to exercise more care - hand washing, face masks in some scenarios. I think we’ll also need regular covid jabs too like we do with the flu

Maeght

Distinguished Member
I think we have to exercise more care - hand washing, face masks in some scenarios. I think we’ll also need regular covid jabs too like we do with the flu
I don't think everyone will get annual jabs but just the more vulnerable - similar to flu.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I've been feeling ropey since last Tuesday night, started testing myself twice daily since then.

Feel a bit better this evening, tested positive.

Bollocks.

IronGiant

It's not gone away at all...
Mrs IG missed a corporate event because we were on holiday last week. 10 attendees have gone down with it so far.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I'm feeling better now and have finally tested negative. But I never want those few days again where my throat was horrendous. I could barely eat or drink unless it was ice cold.

So jab me as many times as it takes to keep it at bay!!

richp007

Distinguished Member
It's not gone away at all...
Mrs IG missed a corporate event because we were on holiday last week. 10 attendees have gone down with it so far.

Feels like that time again when everyone knows someone with it.

Hopefully for most it's barely a sniffle.

Nightrain

I didn't test negative until day 9.

2 weeks on now and all symptoms gone EXCEPT for the cough which if anything is worse, not better.

But this is normal for me, ever since I was a child, any colds were accompanied by coughs which lasted for weeks if not months afterwards. Think a doctor once said I had very sensitive bronchial tubes, like an astmatic but without any of the other accompanying symptoms.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I didn't test negative until day 9.

2 weeks on now and all symptoms gone EXCEPT for the cough which if anything is worse, not better.

But this is normal for me, ever since I was a child, any colds were accompanied by coughs which lasted for weeks if not months afterwards. Think a doctor once said I had very sensitive bronchial tubes, like an astmatic but without any of the other accompanying symptoms.

I'm clear negative now (3 days on the run), I think it took me 5 days to show as being so. However I've still got a bloody cough. It doesn't hurt now, it's just annoying. And people will no doubt think I'm sick if I'm out and about!

If it's not gone in another week or so I'll contact the doctor.

Still feeling a little fatigued as well. But then did have some drink yesterday so can't really tell today, ha ha. I'll see how I go this week.

I can see why people are unhappy though with lingering symptoms. And of course Long Covid.

Nightrain

I'm clear negative now (3 days on the run), I think it took me 5 days to show as being so. However I've still got a bloody cough. It doesn't hurt now, it's just annoying. And people will no doubt think I'm sick if I'm out and about!

If it's not gone in another week or so I'll contact the doctor.

Still feeling a little fatigued as well. But then did have some drink yesterday so can't really tell today, ha ha. I'll see how I go this week.

I can see why people are unhappy though with lingering symptoms. And of course Long Covid.
I was talking to a girl in work who had post Covid cough for 6 weeks. I'll worry about it if I still have it at the end of July or it gets much worse.

Have the same looks when I'm out and about coughing, particularly in work! Had to reassure my classes I was negative and wouldn't ruin their summer holiday plans lol.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I was talking to a girl in work who had post Covid cough for 6 weeks. I'll worry about it if I still have it at the end of July or it gets much worse.

Have the same looks when I'm out and about coughing, particularly in work! Had to reassure my classes I was negative and wouldn't ruin their summer holiday plans lol.

Fantastic. I've got a best man's speech to do in a few weeks, so that's going to bode well. More coughing than talking probably :laugh::facepalm:

Edit: And they'll think I've come to the wedding with Covid. So will probably spend the rest of the time assuring people I'm not sick!

Lola Baron

I tested positive last night so I'm confined to a cruise ship quarantine cabin until Saturday, which is the day the cruise ends. We can go to our hotel in Barcelona and walk around like normal tourists even if we're still infected. Crazy!

My symptoms are just a few sniffles and occasional coughing.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow