Covid 19.Who’s had it?.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Well after all these years I've finally succumbed myself. Felt sh*tty all day and just tested positive.

It's probably not as bad in reality, but I haven't had a cold for years so having a sore throat and blocked nose all of a sudden feels bloody dreadful, lol.

Means I won't be seeing my old man for a while now, so in future I'll be more than happy to have another jab.

Nightrain

Well after all these years I've finally succumbed myself. Felt sh*tty all day and just tested positive.

It's probably not as bad in reality, but I haven't had a cold for years so having a sore throat and blocked nose all of a sudden feels bloody dreadful, lol.

Means I won't be seeing my old man for a while now, so in future I'll be more than happy to have another jab.
Must be something about this new variant - hitting those of us who have been Covid super immune so far!

Hope it isn't too bad for you. I'm having a rough time with it, more like a bad chest infection than a bad cold. But I always get bad coughs with colds so par for the course with me.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Must be something about this new variant - hitting those of us who have been Covid super immune so far!

Hope it isn't too bad for you. I'm having a rough time with it, more like a bad chest infection than a bad cold. But I always get bad coughs with colds so par for the course with me.

Yeah hope it's not too bad for you. Right now it's like I'm swallowing razor blades. Headache as well. I can't even remember the last time I had a cold to be honest, so having a sore throat is an alien concept for me!

Also finding my concentration isn't good, but that's probably because I'm feeling groggy and not very alert.

I figured I'd catch it at some point in the end. Took a while though!

Nightrain

Yeah hope it's not too bad for you. Right now it's like I'm swallowing razor blades. Headache as well. I can't even remember the last time I had a cold to be honest, so having a sore throat is an alien concept for me!

Also finding my concentration isn't good, but that's probably because I'm feeling groggy and not very alert.

I figured I'd catch it at some point in the end. Took a while though!
For the sore throat see if you can get thon blue strepsils. But only the blue ones! They're the only ones which have a numbing agent as an ingredient, so they literally numb your throat. I swear by them!

Heartstone

Was at the game expo on the 4th and Birmingham arena on the 12th to see Queen and Adam Lambert. And lots of other places inbetween.

notroubleclubber

Ive finally got covid. Think i had it right at the beginning as my wife is a nurse and she got it.
Tested positive tuesday as felt ill from monday.
Had headache, lethargic no energy and bad cough and now sore throat.
I am now also weeing blood. Went to a covid walk in place and they tested and i have an infection. Also hurts when i wee.
Thankfully headache is gone but feel like a bad cold and sore throat and kidney pain. Coughing not as bad but now worried about the blood.

Xenomorph

Any idea where you picked it up?
We managed to avoid it for 2 years. I then changed jobs and went into the office for a couple of days onboarding. Got infected.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Any idea where you picked it up?
We managed to avoid it for 2 years. I then changed jobs and went into the office for a couple of days onboarding. Got infected.

Last weekend's stag do. I was all over town like a rash :laugh: The problem is I felt like sh*t for a few days after so thought it was a hangover. It was only on Tuesday when I realised something wasn't right. Still tested negative though, only got a positive yesterday.

From what I've been reading thus far this new variant of Omicron definitely seems to be hitting people harder than the last one.

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Ive finally got covid. Think i had it right at the beginning as my wife is a nurse and she got it.
Tested positive tuesday as felt ill from monday.
Had headache, lethargic no energy and bad cough and now sore throat.
I am now also weeing blood. Went to a covid walk in place and they tested and i have an infection. Also hurts when i wee.
Thankfully headache is gone but feel like a bad cold and sore throat and kidney pain. Coughing not as bad but now worried about the blood.
The blood, kidney pain and urinary pain points towards a possible kidney and/or urinary tract infection. Have you seen anybody re this? Antibiotics could help clear this up quickly.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs)

Xenomorph

The blood, kidney pain and urinary pain points towards a possible kidney and/or urinary tract infection. Have you seen anybody re this? Antibiotics could help clear this up quickly.

I got some very weird symptoms with this virus. It mostly involved my guts, and at times it felt like I'd been punched in the kidneys. Really persistent pain in my lower back. I think it's variable what part of the body it attacks. No problem on the lungs, which is not what you'd expect.

notroubleclubber

Yes went to a walkin for covid positive people last night. They have given me nitrofurantoin to take and my sample has been sent off from the gp to be tested too.
I do suffer with my kidneys tho not really diagnosed. Im a field engineer and get thirsty and dont drink enough so im guessing the covid is attacking this part as its weaker?

Oh, and the bloody cough is back which i though had gone from last night

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Her Covid totally gone now and mine almost gone just a faint line on the test, thank goodness. Funnily enough I felt worse with the cold or whatever it was I had the week beforehand. Definitely caught it in the office, another colleague said his brother was in the office for first time on Thursday last week and tested positive on Tuesday this week. Petri dish of an office.

Florence Rox

Standard Member
I hope all the people with COVID feel better soon and make a full recovery.

I work in a busy Central London tube station, and, despite what you might have read, the tubes are extremely busy, some are so packed we literally can't everyone on. If there is another serious outbreak, it will spread very quickly I fear.

richp007

Distinguished Member
If it helps anyone I've been dosing on honey and gargling with salt water. Definitely helping ease my throat. Also got them Strepsils @Nightrain mentioned.

Just feel like I've got a really heavy cold right now.

Graham27

My missus came back from Scotland on Tuesday the 7th, where she’d been at the Queen and Killers concerts, feeling iffy. Took a test as soon as she got in, positive, straight into the room for isolation. She‘s on a fair bit of medication for her PoTS and is classed as moderate risk, so was prescribed anti-vitals by our doc. She was surprisingly ok, despite the fact that any virus usually floors her. Anti-virals must be good stuff!

That same night, I started feeling a bit sniffly but thought it was too soon. Got progressively worse and despite negative tests on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I tested positive on Friday, then had a positive PCR on Saturday 11th.

I‘ve had my first feint line on the LF today, day 8. Hopefully it’s sodding off. I need out of our flat. It’s an oven, even with air con on. Girlfriend has just left for her first day back at work, in a maternity unit, I’m not optimistic she’ll last the whole shift.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Day 9 for me since the first positive test and another strong-ise line on the antigen test. Just want to see the back of the damn thing. 21 days total of having a cold/Covid now, sore throat, coughing up phlegm, waking up in early hours coughing and feeling rather run down at times.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Day 9 for me since the first positive test and another strong-ise line on the antigen test. Just want to see the back of the damn thing. 21 days total of having a cold/Covid now, sore throat, coughing up phlegm, waking up in early hours coughing and feeling rather run down at times.

Anecdotally it appears BA.4/BA.5 are hitting people harder. As someone who never goes to the doctors or the hospital, I'd have been straight there if I didn't know this was Covid. I was sitting watching the golf last night with a bowl of ice cream, taking regular spoonfuls to cool my throat down! :)

Feels better today but seems to get considerably worse at night.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Anecdotally it appears BA.4/BA.5 are hitting people harder. As someone who never goes to the doctors or the hospital, I'd have been straight there if I didn't know this was Covid. I was sitting watching the golf last night with a bowl of ice cream, taking regular spoonfuls to cool my throat down! :)

Feels better today but seems to get considerably worse at night.

Yes 5 days ago if I woke up around 4am I'd feel wiped out but I'm not as bad as that now, but nowhere near as good as I'd like to be. As I said in another post my wife had it bad and affected her hearing in one ear, but now she's in much better form thank goodness. Whenever I got colds in the past same thing always happened, sore throat then into the chest and cough up phlegm for days, hardly able to speak properly.

notroubleclubber

Day 6 for me. Line on the test was quite faint yesterday but todays test was again quite strong so another day isolating in bed.
Covid wise, slight cough still and lack of energy. But in myself i feel better though def not 100%.
Looks like i have a uti as well as passing blood since friday. Very painful to pass urine.
Trying to drink as much as i can and have been given some antibiotics fri night though they dont seem to be doing much.
Think i passed a stone on friday which started the bleeding. Ive had issues where i havent drunk enough and get kidney pain.
Think this has just attacked this as well so pretty uncomfortable at the mo.

Work not being very supportive - im a field engineer and the boss didnt even get back to me when i reported continued absence on friday. This isnt helping me either. Though i get sick pay, having no support from work doesnt help and the thought of letting my fellow workers down isnt helping.

Will need to phone my docs tomorrow to get a sick note and find out test results from
Fri night as still showing positive and not sure if i can go in anyway with passing blood.

Nightrain

How are my fellow patients doing today?

After a bad Tues-Thurs it seemed to reduce to a milder cold/cough from Friday. I haven't noticed any further improvements since then, although the chest pain symptoms I shared seem to have gone away. Still testing positive and still a bit groggy but definitely have suffered from many worse colds/flus over the years. Although I think even if I was testing negative I would probably still take a couple more days off work for fear of making it worse again.

Graham27

I should be free tomorrow, but still haven't had a negative test. My missus, who gave me it, had a negative day 7, then 9 and 10.

We (Jersey) seem to count the positive LFT/PCR test as day 1, whereas the UK seems to see that as day 0. Will need to call our helpline to double check. Bit paranoid as chronic illness runs in my family and my partner struggles with it too, and I'd hate to be out and about if I had any chance of infecting someone.

We're allowed 2 hrs of outdoor exercise in isolation, but I only went out once as it didn't feel right. Desperate to be back at my running and fitness, just struggling to find good advice about how much you can exercise and how soon.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Today my first negative test since I've had it - day 12. My wife was free at day 9.
I'm so used to seeing a line at the T I'm imagining it's there lol. But it's not. I'm free at last?

Skyehammer

Like others have posted - I managed to avoid it while it was at its most virulent - we all had our 3 jabs etc etc - then we planned a long weekend trip to Lossiemouth last week [ Sat - Tues ] and invited our daughter and her partner along .
Our daughter [ who is a Nurse ] had been ill for 9 days with a sore throat and a cough , she'd tested negative for all that time and had returned to work after 5 days - we picked her up on Saturday but on Monday she tested positive for Covid so we decided to cut short the holiday and went home .
My sore throat started on Monday morning but I didn't test positive until Thursday last .
Our poor Daughter was mortified she'd given us all Covid - I'm asthmatic , I was very ill with sepsis back in 2012/13 etc but out of the 4 of us I'm the only one that hasn't had a runny nose which means I've not had a chest infection [ which in truth was the only thing I was worried about ] .

It's been a bit like mild flu - bit of a sore throat ,aches and pains , fatigue , high temperature , a cough that didn't lead to much - nothing I haven't had before - it's been 7 days now and although I'm still testing positive I'm definitely feeling better , paracetamol masks most of it - spent the last few days glued to the TV - re-watched the whole of Stranger Things so took it very easy - we took it in turns to cook depending on who was feeling more up to it on the day .

In a way I'm glad we got it at last as the past couple of years has been all about hiding away trying to avoid it - it's not been that bad .

Graham27

In a way I'm glad we got it at last as the past couple of years has been all about hiding away trying to avoid it - it's not been that bad .
Yeah, I know how you feel. I wasn't too worried about it, but couldn't afford to get it and give it to my girlfriend. Once she had it I was as well getting it, and I'm glad I did. As you say, it's good to be able to get on with things without worrying about catching it now!

Had my second negative LFT today, on day 12. Still a bit rough feeling though.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Warner Bros Discovery set to combine Discovery+ and HBO Max
  • By Ian Collen