COVID-19 symptoms/do you think you are positive?

Do you think you are positive for COVID 19?

• Untested: I feel 100% certain that I'm negative

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 25% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 33% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 50% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 66% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 75% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Untested: I feel 100% sure that I am positive

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I have been tested positive

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have been tested negative

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Might be of interest...

1587081813926.jpeg

From an immunologist at Stanford University

Might be of interest...

View attachment 1283180

From an immunologist at Stanford University

Yup thats a better list than whats on the prevision advice from NHS 111 page (cough fever sor e throat).

Why are the non respiraptory symptoms so down played

This was posted by @richp007 in another thread but might be of interest to you that there was an A strain of influenza doing the rounds last autumn, which may explain the symptoms you experienced.

I came down with influenza during my first semester at university (back in 1996) and it left me unable to get out of bed for a couple of days (thankfully I had very kind flat mates) so I can empathise!

Thank you for this, back in December I had to take a few days off work. I'm 26 and cycle 12 miles to work and back everyday (working from home currently).

Non smoker so I consider myself to be fairly fit and healthy, yet in December I had a really bad fever, waking up soaked in sweat and I had real trouble breathing. I ended up being given antibiotics as whatever I had caused a chest infection.

I had terrible flu in December, cough and chest infection, had a week off work and took about 3 weeks to shift.....there is talk the virus has been in circulation since September..........might have already had it.

Partner is a key-worker, she's just said we (family) can get a test via her work-place.

Dunno when, but I'll let you know....

I had terrible flu in December, cough and chest infection, had a week off work and took about 3 weeks to shift.....there is talk the virus has been in circulation since September..........might have already had it.
Possibly... but unless you had close contact with someone who’d been to Wuhan, you probably had the influenza virus which hit the UK in December...

8748963C-D403-446C-A972-1DED2195EC79.jpeg

Mrs got up early this morning with a dry, chesty cough and a throbbing headache.

Worried :(

:( Has she been in lockdown too?

:( Has she been in lockdown too?

As I can't get 'Coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person' because I'm not on the extremely vulnerable person list she has had to do the grocery shopping for us, and a couple of elderly neighbours. In theory she should be shielding like me.

Retarded doesn't even begin to explain the balls-up this list crap has landed us in :(

No-one else who can do the shopping for you and the neighbours?

Aren't you classed then as vulnerable enough?

No-one else who can do the shopping for you and the neighbours?

Aren't you classed then as vulnerable enough?

Afraid not. My dad is 75 and I don't really get along with my brother.

You would have thought so. Leukaemia and protein kinase inhibitor medication. Two items specifically mentioned in the 'Who is ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’?' guidance, in bold:

People with specific cancers:
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
  • people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
  • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
  • people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
  • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs

You would have thought so. Leukaemia and protein kinase inhibitor medication. Two items specifically mentioned in the 'Who is ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’?' guidance, in bold:

• people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
  • people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
  • people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
  • people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs

Yeah that's not right.

I don't know how much time we've got left of the lockdown anyway, but somewhere on the register page must be a number you can ring to sort it.

Sure you've been told this before anyway, but I don't really think there's anything else you can do.

Yeah that's not right.

I don't know how much time we've got left of the lockdown anyway, but somewhere on the register page must be a number you can ring to sort it.

Sure you've been told this before anyway, but I don't really think there's anything else you can do.

Unfortunately you can't register as a 'clinically extremely vulnerable person' you can only register to 'Get coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person' and there are no telephone numbers.

Update: I found a telephone number! 0800 028 8327. I rang it. it is an automated Q&A. First question. "Have you recently had a letter from the NHS telling you that you are extremely vulnerable?"
"No"
"Sorry. This service is for people who have recently had a letter from the NHS telling you that you are extremely vulnerable"

Then some stuff about websites and contacting your GP if you should be on the list.

The whole thing is a joke.

Last edited:

You really should be on the list,what a cockup :(

Unfortunately you can't register as a 'clinically extremely vulnerable person' you can only register to 'Get coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person' and there are no telephone numbers.

Update: I found a telephone number! 0800 028 8327. I rang it. it is an automated Q&A. First question. "Have you recently had a letter from the NHS telling you that you are extremely vulnerable?"
"No"
"Sorry. This service is for people who have recently had a letter from the NHS telling you that you are extremely vulnerable"

Then some stuff about websites and contacting your GP if you should be on the list.

The whole thing is a joke.

That is a joke mate.

Ring again and then say "yes".

Can do no harm!!

That is a joke mate.

Ring again and then say "yes".

Can do no harm!!

I've been through the process and I receive an email telling me my GP has to do it on my behalf. They know nothing about it.

I've been through the process and I receive an email telling me my GP has to do it on my behalf. They know nothing about it.

If yours is anything like my GP, you'll be lucky to get anything done before Christmas :(

Mrs seems fine now, must have just been some other 24 lurgy.

I also got my NHS letter! Posted elsewhere:

Well, I have an update. I got 'the letter' telling me I'm on 'the list'!

I'm shocked! I was told (by someone else with leukaemia) that GPs now issue the letters and they enter you into the system. It turns out that the woman who was dealing with my request knew bugger all!

Speaking of which, I rang back to tell them I had rang 111, like they told me to, and they (111) said "We know nothing about any lists". But, I spoke to someone different and straight away she said "We issue those now, I'll get one in the post to you", "Will I be added to the database then?" "Yes".

Shortly after the first woman rang back, a bit irate "Have you been speaking to one of my colleagues?" "Yes, I rang to say that I had rang 111 and you weren't available" "Well. You're on the list now. Bye!"

I think I just ended up speaking to the wrong person.

Had a slight dry cough for a few days which is a bit meh.

Chest feeling tight. Slight shortness of breath etc.

I went on the bike Saturday and did 16 miles and didn't feel too bad. Defo doesn't feel right though. Told the guys at work (over teams) I don't want to do much talking today as staying silent/calm helps.

Sat at home (work) wondering.....

Final thing. This may be totally normal lol. When I put my hand on my stomach it feels cool. When I put my hand 6" higher, on my chest, it feels warm. Probably normal body stuff but I'd not noticed that till now. :D

We've noticed a lot of new symptoms have been added to the Covid reporter app - like the toes.

I work frontline with confirmed Covid 19. Started to feel unwell last Friday. Got tested Monday. Came back Wednesday as positive (wife is negative).
Kicking myself as I did everything I could with regards to PPE and hygiene. Guess it’s just luck of the draw at times?

I work frontline with confirmed Covid 19. Started to feel unwell last Friday. Got tested Monday. Came back Wednesday as positive (wife is negative).
Kicking myself as I did everything I could with regards to PPE and hygiene. Guess it’s just luck of the draw at times?

Really hope it doesn't get to bad for you :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom