COVID-19 symptoms/do you think you are positive?

Do you think you are positive for COVID 19?

• Untested: I feel 100% certain that I'm negative

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 25% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 33% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 50% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 66% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Untested: I feel maybe a 75% chance that I'm positive

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Untested: I feel 100% sure that I am positive

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I have been tested positive

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have been tested negative

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Well, that's ten minutes I've spent between this forum and the BBC news homepage. Now i have a psychological turtle-head & my palms are moist. That's me done with reality for today.

<puts head back in sand>

I felt a bit drained with a sore throat on the 15th of March, took an early nap and woke up absolutely soaked in sweat. I had a fever, muscle pains and fatique for 3 days. Felt a little better Wednesday morning, I even considered ringing work to cancel my sick leave. Then Wednsday evening I developed a dry cough, which was agony coupled with a sore throat.
Thursday night was really bad. I had a really tight chest struggled to breath , and ended up trying to sleep upright in a chair. Friday and Saturday the chest eased a little but I still felt fatigued. I planned on going to work on the Monday but couldn't even go up the stairs without getting out of breath

I'm 38. Non smoker and apart from having the mumps. Have never had more than 2 days in a row off sick since starting work at 16. This wiped me out for a good 9 days. And even now I still get a little out of breath when out on the bike.

My chest has started to feel heavy again with a minor shortness in breath. This is about 3 weeks on from me having been clear of Coronavirus.

It's different though, more a slightly wet occasional cough and as if my lungs are also wet which obviously suggests a bacterial chest infection rather than a viral one but I've just finished a strong course of antibiotics last week for a minor leg injury that got infected so surely that should have warded off a bacterial chest infection?

My chest has started to feel heavy again with a minor shortness in breath. This is about 3 weeks on from me having been clear of Coronavirus.

It's different though, more a slightly wet occasional cough and as if my lungs are also wet which obviously suggests a bacterial chest infection rather than a viral one but I've just finished a strong course of antibiotics last week for a minor leg injury that got infected so surely that should have warded off a bacterial chest infection?
Depends on the infection. Some anti biotics are better or more specific for some conditions rather than others. May be worth having the GP have a listen to your chest.

I had one of the worst flus I have ever experienced, all the Covid-19 symptoms, but it was at its height on November 11 2019 a good three weeks before the Chinese announced it. I know this because I sent an email to a lecturer excusing my absence.

This is not unfeasable as I attend university and there are loads of international students including many from China. If as many suspect, China hid the statistics, downplayed the whole thing and delayed announcing it (as Communist governments are renowned for doing), then the virus may have been around for longer than the official version admits.

All I can say is if what I had was not Covid-19 and Covid-19 is worse, then I am really frightened of it because the flu I had was so bad that I wondered if it got any worse, would I die? I had such muscle pain that I could hardly move, a very heavy chest and spent 48 hours asleep in bed apart from the occasional trip to the loo. I dosed up with vitamin C, multivitamins, (Maximum Vibrance) and hot whiskey and sugar. Finally saw this thing off and am as right as rain now. It was really, really bad.

I wish I could be tested because it might shed light on whether the virus has been around a lot longer with everyone dismissing it as a nasty flu.
This was posted by @richp007 in another thread but might be of interest to you that there was an A strain of influenza doing the rounds last autumn, which may explain the symptoms you experienced.

I came down with influenza during my first semester at university (back in 1996) and it left me unable to get out of bed for a couple of days (thankfully I had very kind flat mates) so I can empathise!

My wife and I are in our 80s. We have observed staying in as best we can. My wife is disable so I have to get the shopping. We have tried Tesco, Iceland and Salisbury for online shopping and either home delivery or click and collect. Have been unable to get a slot since this all started so had to visit store. I now feel under the weather, no cough, no sore throat or any of the other indications and I take my temperature 4 times a day, on each occasion it shows 35.6 to 36.7 so no temperature. Hoping its just a cold but still apprehensive. Stay safe everyone.
You should be able to fund a local support group who will do your shopping for you

Iceland online shopping may have slots for you too

I've still got obscene levels of sputum production which I've never had before. Makes it difficult to eat and I feel constantly nauseus after 11AM.

I'm hoping the symptoms go away, otherwise I'm not sure what to do about work as this symptom is so annoying difficult to work with as I'm constantly feeling like I have to throw up and unable to eat and drink (as soon as I do, the nausea gets very bad and abdominal bloating, distension).

I've still got obscene levels of sputum production which I've never had before. Makes it difficult to eat and I feel constantly nauseus after 11AM.

I'm hoping the symptoms go away, otherwise I'm not sure what to do about work as this symptom is so annoying difficult to work with as I'm constantly feeling like I have to throw up and unable to eat and drink (as soon as I do, the nausea gets very bad and abdominal bloating, distension).

Will admit a bit puzzled about your remark of what to do about work?
If you mean going to work, then of course you will phone in, and tell them you won't be in, and they would not want you in either.
Am I missing some info here?

Will admit a bit puzzled about your remark of what to do about work?
If you mean going to work, then of course you will phone in, and tell them you won't be in, and they would not want you in either.
Am I missing some info here?

I mean if my symptoms persist past the isolation period.

NHS are quite short on the ground so eager once isolation periods are finished for people to get back to work unless they're so poorly they can't work.

I mean if my symptoms persist past the isolation period.

NHS are quite short on the ground so eager once isolation periods are finished for people to get back to work unless they're so poorly they can't work.

Ahhhh, well my understanding was that anyone should stay well away until they are fully recovered for their own sake and the health/risk of others.
One less person would seem far better than having say 5 get ill due to the one returning too early.
Anyway, if you are sick, you are sick at anytime.
Perhaps I'm being too simplistic here though?

Ahhhh, well my understanding was that anyone should stay well away until they are fully recovered for their own sake and the health/risk of others.
One less person would seem far better than having say 5 get ill due to the one returning too early.
Anyway, if you are sick, you are sick at anytime.
Perhaps I'm being too simplistic here though?

The theory is 7 days after first symptoms, you're not infective so can work. I personally see it as far more complex than that due to how COVID-19 can present and feel there should be some discretion.. but common sense and red tape rarely go together. The symptoms luckily calmed down tbh so I'll be good to rock and roll.

However that sputum production was ridiculous. I can only imagine how it would affect an older less mobile person. I'm pretty fit, mobile, young and in good shape <10% bodyfat pre-COVID-19, hit the gym all the time.

That was honestly horrendous and I just had a minor symptom compared to other patients who've obviosuly been more poorly.
Just with the sputum production alone, I could see it causing BIG problems for more older people.

I've said it many times, but again I wish my workplace would take this more seriously.
During daily meetings a 'great show' is made of distance keeping, with everyone standing well apart as it should be.
However, once the meeting is over and it's back to the workshop, most of them are as close as normal, perhaps just a couple of feet away taking to each other with no consideration of anything.
It's quite astounding to me.
Sadly the management are totally blind to this, and must simply not care as I've never seen anyone told to stay away from others, in fact the management are just as bad, and they are still making tea/coffee for each other in the office.
If one person gets it, then I could easy see it going round the whole company in the week before they show symptoms, and yet the owner, who is on site and of course is desperate to do anything to keep the place up and running is not policing distancing at all.
I sometimes wonder if I'm the weird one, as hardly anyone else seems bothered, other than 2 people in inspection who have told others to move away more than once, to which he got the reply of someone about why bother you'll either get it or you won't either way.

I've said it many times, but again I wish my workplace would take this more seriously.
During daily meetings a 'great show' is made of distance keeping, with everyone standing well apart as it should be.
However, once the meeting is over and it's back to the workshop, most of them are as close as normal, perhaps just a couple of feet away taking to each other with no consideration of anything.
It's quite astounding to me.
Sadly the management are totally blind to this, and must simply not care as I've never seen anyone told to stay away from others, in fact the management are just as bad, and they are still making tea/coffee for each other in the office.
If one person gets it, then I could easy see it going round the whole company in the week before they show symptoms, and yet the owner, who is on site and of course is desperate to do anything to keep the place up and running is not policing distancing at all.
I sometimes wonder if I'm the weird one, as hardly anyone else seems bothered, other than 2 people in inspection who have told others to move away more than once, to which he got the reply of someone about why bother you'll either get it or you won't either way.

No, you're the sensible one.

A lot of people in the world and in the UK make crap unsafe decisions. I hate that during this pandemic
sadly we're all basically at the mercy of eachother's decisions.

You can have all the handwash, gloves and masks in the world but if the person you're next to or working with doesn't follow the same precautions, its for nothing.

In life I see a lot of people make mistakes and take risks I wouldn't take. Sadly now they're doing it and it can directly or indirectly affect us.

Anyone currently has symptoms and has or hasn't yet been tested? If so what were your initial symptoms?

I personally haven't had any symptoms but four family members have and all started with different symptoms.

My mum had a headache and felt very tired for over a week - no cough at all - recovered fully after around 14 days.

My mother in law had a fever - no cough at all even when in hospital - passed away within 48hrs of being admitted to hospital.

My niece started with a complete loss of smell and now has cold like symptons with the loss of smell - no cough - currently 3 days into the symptoms.

My niece's partner started today with a fever and the shakes - also no cough whatsoever.

I've seen lots of reports that a cough is a main symptom yet not one of them had a cough.

Last edited:
Anyone currently has symptoms and has or hasn't yet been tested? If so what were your initial symptoms?

Why don't you try the NHS24 website. If you're doing some kind of survey contact a mod for permission.

I first got sick on March 23rd. I tested positive on April 3rd. I had mild symptoms and wasn't hospitalized. I haven't had a fever in 10 days and all of my symptoms are gone but i am stuck with this fatigue that will not quit. Im almost 4 weeks in. Has anyone else experience this fatigue that doesnt quit

I was very fatigued for a couple of weeks after and still was getting out of breath very quickly compared to normal. Carrying heavy shopping up a flight of stairs was leaving me gasping and sweating whereas normally it had no effect.

I got sick a couple of weeks before you and am only starting to feel back to normal now.

I first got sick on March 23rd. I tested positive on April 3rd. I had mild symptoms and wasn't hospitalized. I haven't had a fever in 10 days and all of my symptoms are gone but i am stuck with this fatigue that will not quit. Im almost 4 weeks in. Has anyone else experience this fatigue that doesnt quit

It can take 4 weeks for normal pneumonia to get better. There are some concerns COVID may cause some long lasting lung scarring but we simply don't have the data to know how severe that is yet.

Hope you get better, but it does take time, been a patient takes patience, sadly we have no drugs to speed up healing time.

Roughly the same minus the test. More of a lingering cough than lethargy though unless I go for a walk and then I get tired really quick.

Have a look on youtube for Wim Hof's guided breathing session. It only takes 10 mins to complete and really boosts your energy levels.

I've been like that 2 - 3 times since Christmas.
I think she had some other symptoms but that was how it started.

She wasn't tested so I couldn't say if it was 100% covid.

Both myself and my wife were ill in January and put it down to a really bad flu although it was more on the chest than ever before.

It would be useful to know if someone had already the virus, you may have had a mild case and never even knew.

I've been like that 2 - 3 times since Christmas.

Same for me a few weeks ago, i had a headache every day for a couple of weeks and i was absolutely knackered all day too. I've not had any of the other symptoms though and i'm perfectly fine now so who knows what it was.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom