Covert from avi to iTunes?

Bladey

Ex Member
Reaction score
I been using MiroVideoConverter from the mac app store. but it seems hit and miss.

Sometimes its great works perfect converts them into itunes. but then other times it converts only the sound or half of the film.

Does anyone know whats the best on the market?(Has to be for Mac)

HandBrake is the old favourite, but recently I swapped to IVI which is available from the Mac App Store. Well worth the small spend.

Thanks just got IVI. what a buy i must say.

Thanks again

Bladey said:
Thanks just got IVI. what a buy i must say.

Thanks again

It's great isn't it?! I preach IVI to anyone and everyone who wants a simple solution to getting there video files into iTunes, it's so seamless.

You can even automate it if you want, so that you drop all files to be converted into a specific folder and it checks at a set time for new files and converts accordingly. Can also set it to delete the original and move the converted file somewhere else too.

Very useful indeed, although I have not gone down that route yet to comment on it in action.

bpsmith said:
You can even automate it if you want, so that you drop all files to be converted into a specific folder and it checks at a set time for new files and converts accordingly. Can also set it to delete the original and move the converted file somewhere else too.

Very useful indeed, although I have not gone down that route yet to comment on it in action.

I use the automate feature, as soon as something drops into my download folder it gets it done. The main bug bear is that it always selects an American rating for films but I just use 'subler' to change that and it takes 10 seconds

salparadise said:
I use the automate feature, as soon as something drops into my download folder it gets it done. The main bug bear is that it always selects an American rating for films but I just use 'subler' to change that and it takes 10 seconds

I noticed that with TV Shows with most showing as TV-14. Tbh I am not bothered about that just yet, as my Son's stuff is kept separate in Plex and only I manage content in iTunes.

Do you use the ATV2 setting in IVI? Does it default the volume low on Stereo conversions during the process like mine does?

bpsmith said:
I noticed that with TV Shows with most showing as TV-14. Tbh I am not bothered about that just yet, as my Son's stuff is kept separate in Plex and only I manage content in iTunes.

Do you use the ATV2 setting in IVI? Does it default the volume low on Stereo conversions during the process like mine does?

I do you use the atv2 setting but I haven't noticed the volume, I'll have a look in the morning as I have noticed some of my encodes are a tad quiet.

I'm not sure if you had noticed but you can change the rating/parental setting there is a drop down box with a selection of ratings.

Excellent, thanks in advance for checking.

I had noticed that, but tbh I can't be bothered to change it every time and would bug me if I missed just one or something. Lol.

bpsmith said:
Excellent, thanks in advance for checking.

I had noticed that, but tbh I can't be bothered to change it every time and would bug me if I missed just one or something. Lol.

Apologies for the delay, slight hangover on Sunday owning limited my computer activity, I checked the stereo volume settings and it was defaulted at about a quarter of the way up, so very quiet. I'm just converting a film now with stereo sound and have set the slider to 3/4 of the way, be interesting to see how much of a boost it gives.

salparadise said:
Apologies for the delay, slight hangover on Sunday owning limited my computer activity, I checked the stereo volume settings and it was defaulted at about a quarter of the way up, so very quiet. I'm just converting a film now with stereo sound and have set the slider to 3/4 of the way, be interesting to see how much of a boost it gives.

No apologies necessary. :)

Converted loads since, some of which reconverted to correct the sound problem. I can confirm that pushing that slider up to full actually only gives you the correct volume from the original file, as opposed to boosting the volume over what you initially had in your original. Clearly this is 4 times louder than before, but not artificially doing so.

I now convert everything at full volume but it's a real pain to have to move the slider. If I ever wanted to automate the process then this is a real problem tbh.

Great App aside from this one glitch. Might stick an error report in to them, or at least ask why and how to fix the volume default.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom