Cover Versions That Make You Wretch...

I just saw THE WORST COVER VERSION OF ALL TIME on Smash Hits TV.

It was Something Inside So Strong by that fat bloke off of Pop Idol! (Rick Waller?)

It is truly truly truly grim. :(

Good:

Angel (Hendrix) - Rod Stewart
Little Wing (Hendrix) - Sting

Any Bob Dylan song sung by anyone else.........

.......except Irish boy bands who should stick to painful warbling covers of BeeGees or Cat Stevens.

PS I really like Stairway to Heaven - Rolf Harris. A great bloke and a catchy little tune :p

Gareth Gates new medley of Tom Jones' "The Boy From Nowhere" and Billy Ocean's "Love Really Hurts Without You" is the best thing he's done. :eek:

Going back to the "Tainted Love" thing..... If I remember correctly, Soft Cell's version was actually a cover too. The song first saw the light of day in the mid 60's. Some guy named Cobb sang the original I think.

Good God so many people with so much taste thought i would add a couple more
Good Cover versions
Kerosene - Drown (big black cover)
kerosene - Pitchshifter
Making Plans For Nigel - Pitchshifter
Sweet Dreams - Maralyn Manson
Blue Monday - Orgy
Billie Jean - The Bolshoi
The Mission - 1969
Pist On - Shoplifters Of The World
ONE - Die krupps

Real Bad Covers
The Cover version of Take On Me by A1
Power By H-Blox

Originally posted by Bonzer Belle
Going back to the "Tainted Love" thing..... If I remember correctly, Soft Cell's version was actually a cover too. The song first saw the light of day in the mid 60's. Some guy named Cobb sang the original I think.

Wasn't he with Bread.

Marc Bolan's squeeze Gloria Jones had the big Northern Soul hit with Tainted Love.

Originally posted by gaz242
Blue Monday - Orgy
Haven't heard this version but I can't dream of hearing a cover of this track as I absolutely adore the original (even the B-Side on the original 7" was great).

Someone else covered this (did a poppy or dancey version) and it was truly awful. Anyone remember who?

Someone else covered this (did a poppy or dancey version)

Kylie Minogue did a horrific 'interpretation' of Blue Monday, mixed with her own, equally horrific, 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'.

It was imaginatively titled 'Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head'.

You couldn't make it up really, could you?

Originally posted by gringottsdirect

Originally posted by Bonzer Belle

Wasn't he with Bread.

Marc Bolan's squeeze Gloria Jones had the big Northern Soul hit with Tainted Love. [/B]

Yep! Written by Ed Cobb (a member of the squeaky clean 50's pop group the Four Preps), a hit later for Gloria Jones, and even later Soft Cell.

Originally posted by juboy

Kylie Minogue did a horrific 'interpretation' of Blue Monday, mixed with her own, equally horrific, 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'.

It was imaginatively titled 'Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head'.

You couldn't make it up really, could you?
No, I just can't make it up out of my head ;) :D

It wasn't her though. It was a dance group me thinks ...

The Orgy version was something strange.

When drunk/stoned/high it was pretty good. Good to mosh to.

When you're sober it sounds pathetic. They sold enough albums on the back of the crap though.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Perhaps the Orgy one is the one I'm thinking of. If so, it was utter ****e!

Er... I wouldn't think so. This was more of a nu-metal, industrial cover.

Not really Kyliesque.

I saw a program a bit back and they was on about covers, the worst I thought and have to agree with Doinne Warwick was anything Cilla Black covered of hers, mind you most of Cilla’s stuff was dire:( . Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I do like Re:Covered, first broadcast on BBC Choice now on BBC1 (when the bands are decent ;)).

Found something that I hate is using old tunes and singing a different song over them. I have just heard somebody singing over what has to be one of the classic soul tracks, the O’Jay’s Back Stabbers :mad: (thing is the song isn’t that bad shame they had to pinch a tune).
There is also one over 10 C.C.s Dreadlock Holiday.

Any song by any of those f*ggot boy bands !

Drumroll please....thankyou! The most stomach churning cover of all time is, The Carpenters utterly sickening cover of Klaatu's CALLING OCCUPANTS OF INTERPLANETARY CRAFT. That even beats the poofy boy bands and lesbian girl groups....

Originally posted by Rachael Bitchlist
That even beats the poofy boy bands and lesbian girl groups....

I quite like lesbian girl groups.
Klaatu's version was good but The Carpenter's version was my least favourite of theirs. I liked the full length, full guitar solo version of Goodbye To Love best.

Pet Shop Boys.......I Get Along
Strong flavour of I'm Mandy Fly Me by 10.c.c. and Wild West Hero by E.L.O.
When is a cover not a cover?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom